Oh heck NO you did NOT just spit out your pill!

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My DD is sn. She has to take a pill daily at noon. If she's at school to nurse gives it to her . If she is at home I give it to her. Today my DD is having one of her fits.i give her her pill a glass of water she put both in her mouth but when my back is turned she spits it out. My middle dd saw her do it and oldest DD admitted it. I asked her why when she knows she needs it. So I made her take it again and had to check afterwards. I had to hide my dogs pill in his food but I don't think that would work with DD unless I hid in a potato chip or a chocolate bar.

And to make things worse is thinking she spit it out at school which would explain why it seemed like the pill wasn't working some days.

She is 10 and I am afraid of some people and school saying that if DD doesn't want to take the pill she doesn't have to because it is her own choice and her body. Yes that might be true but until she is 18 I have to care for that body so as her parents I make those choices for her.

I hate these preteen years. Its like a constant fight with some who is angry but they don't know why they are angry!
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:21 pm My DD is sn. She has to take a pill daily at noon. If she's at school to nurse gives it to her . If she is at home I give it to her. Today my DD is having one of her fits.i give her her pill a glass of water she put both in her mouth but when my back is turned she spits it out. My middle dd saw her do it and oldest DD admitted it. I asked her why when she knows she needs it. So I made her take it again and had to check afterwards. I had to hide my dogs pill in his food but I don't think that would work with DD unless I hid in a potato chip or a chocolate bar.

And to make things worse is thinking she spit it out at school which would explain why it seemed like the pill wasn't working some days.

She is 10 and I am afraid of some people and school saying that if DD doesn't want to take the pill she doesn't have to because it is her own choice and her body. Yes that might be true but until she is 18 I have to care for that body so as her parents I make those choices for her.

I hate these preteen years. Its like a constant fight with some who is angry but they don't know why they are angry!
Does she have trouble taking the pill? My 10 year old just started taking her allergy medicine in pill form instead of the chewable form. It's very small though and wasn't an issue but I think she may have issues if it were bigger. I would talk to her dr and see if they could give it to her in a different form if she has trouble swallowing it. If it's defiance then I would start punishing her until she takes it right.
Chillaxinchick
Villein
Villein

Unread post

What the pills for? I have 2 teens and can relate.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My mom does the same thing when I give her nightly meds. I make her open her mouth and lift her tongue.
Coleysmama
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

My 11 year old has to take a few pills a day. He hates the one that comes in capsule form because a few months ago it got stuck in his throat. He gives me a problem to take that pill every morning!
Anonymous 3

Unread post

My DD was sneaky as f**k - SN as well. Somehow once, she pretended to swallow a pill, I cheek checked her, and was 'clear'. She had somehow slid it down her sleeve and I found it in the bin when I opened it 10 minutes later - but she was already long gone at school. So there was a new rule instigated that she wasn't allowed to wear jumpers or jackets when taking pills.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

When ds was on Ritalin he used to hide the pills outside or in my closet. Changing medications helped but I know one can't always do that.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Have you asked her why?
Is it making her sick?
Is she having swallowing problems?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
LiveWhatULove
Donated