Feeling helpless. Wish I could help more.

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My husband and two boys are traveling for the weekend, from AZ to MN. They made it as far as Sterling, CO last night. Now today they only got 14 miles out of town before the van had issues. They've been towed back to Sterling but no one is open until Tuesday to fix it. So it looks like they are stuck until then. I've been on the phone and email trying to find a repair shop willing to help them today or tomorrow but so far no luck.

DH stresses easily and gets anxiety over things not going as expected and the unknown. I wish I was there now just to be the level head, the calm voice of reason. But I can only do what I can for him over the phone. It's a helpless feeling. He says I'm his rock in these situations. It's hard to be a rock 1,000 miles away.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I'm sorry I can relate my truck broke down on a road trip on a Friday night and it was just me and the kids. And I have never been on the customer side of auto repair before. I have a hard time in social situations and with strangers.
Next time I'm renting a car.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Him knowing you are there and at the other end of the phone anytime is probably a huge help.
Locked Previous topicNext topic