We saw the movie without them when she couldnt pay for tickets

Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:34 pm 35.PNG

These are normal ticket prices. Sometimes they do discount days where it is $25 or have older movies playing.

You're not in the US. That explains the difference in the prices.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If you invited her, I would assumed you would had paid unless you clarified it first.
If she asked to tag along, then she should had assumed she was paying.
Iffrinn
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

CafemomAnon wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:49 pm I don't see why you couldn't have taken your kids at a later time. You were both rude in this situation.
It is NOT rude to follow through on plans you all ready had just because someone false assumed you were going to let them mooch off of you.
Turkle
Countess
Countess

Unread post

"My kids mentioned wanting to go see the detective pikachu movie. I told SIL that we had plans to go if she wants to take her kids also."

You were sending a mixed message; it isn't clear.

You might have said, "I told SIL that we had plans to go, and that if she didn't have anything going on and if she had a few bucks to spare, she could take her kids too."
"Prison inmates are treated to cable TV, hot meals and a college education, while on the outside some people can only afford these things through a life of crime."
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I wonder who she thought was going to pay for her lunch?
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SIL is a dramatic, entitled toddler.

Never assume someone else will pay your way.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Turkle wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:18 pm "My kids mentioned wanting to go see the detective pikachu movie. I told SIL that we had plans to go if she wants to take her kids also."

You might have said, "I told SIL that we had plans to go, and that if she didn't have anything going on and if she had a few bucks to spare, she could take her kids too."
Nope not not murky at all. "If she wants together kids also". That means of ALL wants to take her kids. Not OK wants to take her kids.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Turkle wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:18 pm "My kids mentioned wanting to go see the detective pikachu movie. I told SIL that we had plans to go if she wants to take her kids also."

In my family it would have been clear: I pay for myself and the kids. Certainly I would have at least offered to pay for ourselves. Do people not do that anymore or what?
Anonymous 6

Unread post

CafemomAnon wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:49 pm I don't see why you couldn't have taken your kids at a later time. You were both rude in this situation.
Why should she take her kids at a later time. It isn't her fault her sil is a mooch
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I have asked many people and the only person confused is SIL

Saying I am going somewhere you can go too is not an invite saying I'm going to pay your way.
Locked Previous topicNext topic