We saw the movie without them when she couldnt pay for tickets

Anonymous 1

Unread post

A few days ago and and I took the kids to dinner at my MILs house. My new SIL was there also with BIL. My kids mentioned wanting to go see the detective pikachu movie. I told SIL that we had plans to go if she wants to take her kids also.

We met up at the movies. I am not sure how it happened but she somehow thought I was paying for her and her kids to go. I dont have that kind of money. We rarely go to the movies because they are so expensive. Her and her kids would have been $140 extra.

SIL wanted to go get something to eat instead but my kids have been wanting to see this movie so I bought tickets for them and we went. SIL doesnt like that we went anyway. I understand that her kids were disappointed but that isnt on me. My kids arent going to miss out on the one movie they have been wanting to see because she assumed I was footing the bill. When I told DH what happened he was surprised. He heard the conversation between me and SIL and even he said there was no indication that I was paying.

I guess SIL went home and cried to BIL which I think is a bit dramatic. She thinks I am nothing more than a bitch. Oh well.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

She should have been prepared to pay or asked for clarification on who was paying. Or maybe she was just hoping if she showed up and said she thought you were paying that you'd front the $. It's a movie. They'll live.
YoYiggy
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

She shouldn't have assumed you'd pay for them or she should have clarified payment. You already had these plans to go. Idk about where you live but in my area movie tickets/seats have to be reserved in advance.
Nopeville
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Does she have 6 kids? Even at $20 a person, there would have to be 7 of them for it to be $140. Not that it matters. She shouldn't have assumed you'd pay for everyone without checking. Even if she thought you were paying, she should have been prepared to pay for it herself.
CafemomAnon
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I don't see why you couldn't have taken your kids at a later time. You were both rude in this situation.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

CafemomAnon wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:49 pm I don't see why you couldn't have taken your kids at a later time. You were both rude in this situation.
Curious as to how OP was rude?
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't understand why some people assume you're paying when you suggest an outing. All you're doing is gathering people. None of my friends or family ever assume that. Sometimes I'll surprise the group and treat, but no one ever expects that.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 1

Unread post

CafemomAnon wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:49 pm I don't see why you couldn't have taken your kids at a later time. You were both rude in this situation.
It wasn't rude to do what I planned before she was ever even going to go
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

How many kids does she have?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:22 pm How many kids does she have?
Locked Previous topicNext topic