I am not helping pay for my step kids go to college and it is starting a lot of drama

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My step kids have two amazing parents who are both successful and are not struggling with money. They have college funds that I am sure have a very decent amount in them

My kids only have me paying for their college. My husband has offered to chip in also but I told him to focus on his kids and I was going to focus on mine. That way everyone is covered and it isnt an issue.

Well apparently it is an issue with BM. I have never really had an issue with her. I dont know why this is an issue now. She changed something with the college fund and wanted me to be aware of the information. I told her I would give it to DH and she said I would need it for myself when I put my money in. I guess she just assumed I had been putting money in there. She asked DH and he said it was just him. I dont think he realized she would be upset or anything he was just telling the truth

She thinks that I should be contributing because these are my kids too. They consider me a second mom and I should consider them my kids. They are my kids in a way but not really. Again they have two parents that are making sure they have what they need. Really they have three because their step dad has a lot of money.

They will never struggle going to college so this shouldnt even be an issue. BM said that this really changed her opinion of me. That did kind of hurt my feelings a little. I guess now I just will avoid talking to her there is no point if she is going to take what I do as a personal offense against her and her kids. She even told her family and they have been acting differently towards me. We live in a small town so I run into everyone frequently and there is no way to really stop that. Ugh it is just annoying.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'd just explain to her that your kids have only you, so this is what you and your husband worked out. I'd just speak with her honestly since you've had a decent relationship with her until this point.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Why are you letting someone bother you?
I shit glitter
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Attachments
B8BFD12E-D2AC-4CF6-9C4A-0A98FDA309D0.jpeg
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Did you explain to her what you just explained to us?
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Id start sending her things that deal with financials for your kids and expect her to help you. That's how silly she is being. I'm all for not treating step kids differently but imo this is different but me and my dh don't have separate accounts so anything that would go to his kids (if he had any that weren't mine) would just come from whatever money is in the shared account. So technically i would be paying too i guess.
I don't really see how or why she expects you to pay for HER kids college.. Even if you didn't have your own separate kids.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Personally, I don't think parents should have to pay for college anyway. If the kid wants to go, that's what loans and jobs are for. College is a F***ing scam anyway. Degrees aren't worth a shit.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BM isn't happy again! What a new concept. :lol:
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 3

Unread post

You’re missing part of the story. I don’t know what it is, but it has to do with the stepdad.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:14 pm Personally, I don't think parents should have to pay for college anyway. If the kid wants to go, that's what loans and jobs are for. College is a F***ing scam anyway. Degrees aren't worth a shit.

I agree with the first half for most people and the second half for some people, lol. My degrees have been valuable to me. Not so for everyone.
Locked Previous topicNext topic