My husband got arrested after blacking out and driving home

Anonymous 1

Unread post

And I am done with him. He says he isnt sure what happened. He only remembers drinking a few drinks with his friends. Then all of a sudden he was waking up the next day in jail. I had no idea where he was. His friends didnt know either. I was checking hospitals thinking something had happened. It didnt even occur to me that he might have been arrested. He got arrested for drink driving and hoon driving. His BAC was 0.15 which is 3x the legal limit and he did not stop for the cops. He ended up crashing the car into some pavement. He wanted me to come and bail him out

I told him hell no. I dont bail people of jail, especially when they are drink driving. That is disgusting and I will never be able to look at him the same way. I young child just died a few days ago after being hit by someone who was behind the wheel intoxicated. We even talked about it and how horrible it is for the family. He could have done the same thing. Going out for a few beers after work and him having a ride home should have never turned into him being arrested. There is absolutely no excuse for that.

By the time he is out of jail all of his shit will be packed up for him and in the garage. I already changed the locks. I will not be with someone who could do something like that.

He honestly doesnt think it is that big of a deal because no one got hurt and "nothing bad happened". Wtf? You got arrested.... you were drinking and driving.... all of those things are bad. He wants to work through things but I dont. He completely changed in my eyes when I found out about what he did. I will never be able to look at him the same way

*Disclaimer, I am not American and there is no such thing as being arrested for "drunk driving" where I live. I know that is how most people on here say it but it feels weird to me.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I'd divorce him too. But if he wants to, he can live in the marital home unless and until a judge says he has to leave. That includes breaking something to get in. Which I would honestly do if I were him and that were the only way into my own home. File soon.
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

He blacked out with a level of 0.15?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

CandTmom wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:57 am He blacked out with a level of 0.15?
Maybe someone drugged his drink.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

He said he blacked out. For all I know that is a lie. He isnt much of a drinker though. I guess they were doing a bunch of shots
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:51 am I'd divorce him too. But if he wants to, he can live in the marital home unless and until a judge says he has to leave. That includes breaking something to get in. Which I would honestly do if I were him and that were the only way into my own home. File soon.
He isnt living here. No one will force me to live with him. If he tried to break in I would call the police and yes they would have him removed

I have a meeting on Monday to get the divorce process started
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:00 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:51 am I'd divorce him too. But if he wants to, he can live in the marital home unless and until a judge says he has to leave. That includes breaking something to get in. Which I would honestly do if I were him and that were the only way into my own home. File soon.
He isnt living here. No one will force me to live with him. If he tried to break in I would call the police and yes they would have him removed

I have a meeting on Monday to get the divorce process started

Maybe not where you live because I dont know your laws, but not in America. As it should be. Wonder what happens in your country if he gets upset with you and decides to change the locks on you and kick you out.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well it is double the limit for driving in Florida. I'd black out but I don't drink a lot. I get sick pretty quick. If it were my ex I'd be so shocked I'd wonder wth was wrong with him. He didn't like drink and neither do our sons. I'd wonder if he had some mental issue going on. If her dh has the habit of drinking a lot of course that's a different thing.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What is hoon driving?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

If this is the first time he has done something like this I’m pretty sure you’re overreacting.

If his drink was drugged, how is that his fault?
Locked Previous topicNext topic