Sometimes I get a hotel after a long day at work so I dont have to go home

Anonymous 1

Unread post

caustib wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:19 pm Are you a nurse or doctor?
Nurse
Anonymous 1

Unread post

My position is actually full time. I think I make a little more than my husband. I dont 100% pay attention to what he makes. We dont struggle. We split all costs. I wake may too much to make it worth quitting plus I love my job. They are on my insurance through the hospital
Msprekteacher wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:08 am No judgement but a question. Do you carry the benefits for the family? Do you make more $$ than your spouse working PT? Do you pay day care? If the answer is no, no, and yes then you should quit because you would actually be saving $ and then you could find something closer to home.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:35 pm Sometimes I get so tired I am worried about driving and just having to come back early the next morning. Other days I just dont want to deal with the whole bed time thing.

I will just get a nice hotel near work and crash there.

My husband doesnt really like it but I only work 2-3 days a week as it is and we live an hour away from my work

It is so nice and relaxing. Some days I am tempted to do it just to have a nice bed to sleep in alone.

That is my confession. Judge away
Anonymous 1

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:00 am This is why I have my own room
Not sure how this is relevant. Your own room isnt going to make an hour drive after a 14+ hour day any better
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I get it. I would probably do the same. Hell, I did sometimes do that when my son was younger, just to get a peaceful night and morning every once in a while. It saved my health and my sanity.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:24 am
mater-three wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:00 am This is why I have my own room
Not sure how this is relevant. Your own room isnt going to make an hour drive after a 14+ hour day any better
I was referencing the comment about sleeping alone. I was actually saying I understand that sentiment. Are you always this easy to talk to? Geez.
CafemomAnon
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Hotels are gross to me. I prefer my own bed. I love my house and my life here. Staying at a hotel seems more like a punishment to me.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Given all that then I wouldn’t worry about it. He/she who carries the benefits has the final say. Do you think (and I’m
Being mosey) that he doesn’t realize it’s a case of exhaustion but an affair? Maybe a bit worried? If so maybe some evening you could arrange a sitter and have him come “visit”. I know it’s an hour away but might help...

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:23 am My position is actually full time. I think I make a little more than my husband. I dont 100% pay attention to what he makes. We dont struggle. We split all costs. I wake may too much to make it worth quitting plus I love my job. They are on my insurance through the hospital
Msprekteacher wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:08 am No judgement but a question. Do you carry the benefits for the family? Do you make more $$ than your spouse working PT? Do you pay day care? If the answer is no, no, and yes then you should quit because you would actually be saving $ and then you could find something closer to home.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:35 pm Sometimes I get so tired I am worried about driving and just having to come back early the next morning. Other days I just dont want to deal with the whole bed time thing.

I will just get a nice hotel near work and crash there.

My husband doesnt really like it but I only work 2-3 days a week as it is and we live an hour away from my work

It is so nice and relaxing. Some days I am tempted to do it just to have a nice bed to sleep in alone.

That is my confession. Judge away
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Contrary to the above post, it's not just whoever makes the most money or carries benefits that has the final say. Marriage is about compromise, not arrogance and selfishness. I doubt your husband is happy with what you're doing but he'll likely put up with it until he just won't anymore. If your family meant anything to you, you'd work where you live or your family would move to where you work. This kind of thing breeds resentment and ends relationships.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 4:15 pm Contrary to the above post, it's not just whoever makes the most money or carries benefits that has the final say. Marriage is about compromise, not arrogance and selfishness. I doubt your husband is happy with what you're doing but he'll likely put up with it until he just won't anymore. If your family meant anything to you, you'd work where you live or your family would move to where you work. This kind of thing breeds resentment and ends relationships.
We work between our two works. It is nearly smack dab in the middle.

He just wishes I would be home. It isnt something that is going to end our marriage. That is just ridiculous
Nopeville
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 4:15 pm Contrary to the above post, it's not just whoever makes the most money or carries benefits that has the final say. Marriage is about compromise, not arrogance and selfishness. I doubt your husband is happy with what you're doing but he'll likely put up with it until he just won't anymore. If your family meant anything to you, you'd work where you live or your family would move to where you work. This kind of thing breeds resentment and ends relationships.
Why would you think that? He probably just doesn't like single parenting for the evening. Very few people do. It doesn't sound like something that is marriage ending. How dramatic.
Locked Previous topicNext topic