Best comment you've ever seen on a report card?

Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

?
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It wasn't on a report card but one of ds' teachers said she'd hire him if she were an employer. I've not seen report cards in a long time. I usually just get their grades online tbh.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

When I was teaching we could only pick from a predetermined list, up to two comments.

My kids' report cards dont even have a space for comments. But we still do conferences even though they're older. It's a small school.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:36 pm When I was teaching we could only pick from a predetermined list, up to two comments.

My kids' report cards dont even have a space for comments. But we still do conferences even though they're older. It's a small school.
That's what got me thinking about it...my kids' high school uses the list as well.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:23 pm It wasn't on a report card but one of ds' teachers said she'd hire him if she were an employer. I've not seen report cards in a long time. I usually just get their grades online tbh.
Oooh...that's a good one!

Our high school still uses the report card and progress report format, thy just post them on thee portal now instead of mailing them home.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:48 pm
Smarties wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:36 pm When I was teaching we could only pick from a predetermined list, up to two comments.

That's what got me thinking about it...my kids' high school uses the list as well.

It seems so impersonal. But I have to admit it did save you from typing something for 100 kids.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

My mom once put “Junior needs to focus more on the lesson by picking his nose less frequently in class.”

The eighties were a different time, lol.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

My middle son brought one home that said "I'd recommend him for the advance classes if he could stop talking long enough for his friends to learn something." 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I once had a teacher basically write that a student (I was a teacher's aide for this girl) was useless and worthless and wouldn't amount to much. (He was transferred at the end of the year - but it was 2001, still 'fine' for teachers to bully students). The mother saw through the jargon and bs terms and wrote back something along the lines of "I feel like (daughter) would have learnt a lot more this year if she was taught by a teacher and not an abusive prick". The reason I remember it, was because I was her aide from K - 8 (small school) and I was not a fan of this teacher at all as he would constantly gaslight her (not as known back then) and twist all her stories around. Caught him at it once, and he lied to the point where she believed him and told me *I* was wrong about what I heard. He would often take away this girls time with me out of 'punishment' and then I found out after he left, that he would sit her at the back of the room away from the other kids and encourage everyone to laugh at her. He told her that nobody liked her...Took about a year to get her to trust me again. But my god did I hug the mother when she brought the report card to me.
msgme
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

It wasn’t on the report card. The report cards had a list the teacher could choose from. But in person he actually said “it’s okay she’s a girl”. It was her 7th grade math teacher. She had an 84 average in his class.
It's time we stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?
Locked Previous topicNext topic