wel, that's just too bad

Deleted User 1018

Unread post

Too Old For This %^& wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:39 am
MysticDreamer wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:32 pm This story line is way overdone.....
It's true, though. The woman went through half a million and only has a house in a small town up north worth less than 100K and about 10k in cash after less than 5 years. I just don't see how she could do that. And she's mad at their son for not sending her money. It's hard to stay out of it. She's a hot mess. Her son is a retirement planner and offered to help his mom invest her settlement and live on a certain amount each year, but she declined his help back in the day ( I wasn't around then as I met their dad the next year).
I totally believe your story now. My bad for thinking otherwise.
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

DH needs to be told that guilt-tripping his daughter over this is an asshole move.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Too Old For This %^&
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

AllofFive19 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:28 pm DH needs to be told that guilt-tripping his daughter over this is an asshole move.
"It's her MOM" he says. He just wants everyone to be happy and without drama. It's the same as if she had saved up for retirement, blew it all, then expected her kids to take her in and support her.

I got no complaints, because I ended up with an amazing intelligent caring man who is the best person I've ever met. She screwed up her own life, so she needs to live with the consequences
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Too Old For This %^& wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:43 pm
AllofFive19 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:28 pm DH needs to be told that guilt-tripping his daughter over this is an asshole move.
"It's her MOM" he says. He just wants everyone to be happy and without drama. It's the same as if she had saved up for retirement, blew it all, then expected her kids to take her in and support her.

I got no complaints, because I ended up with an amazing intelligent caring man who is the best person I've ever met. She screwed up her own life, so she needs to live with the consequences
He's not that intelligent or caring or he'd be caring for his daughter and supporting her in not stretching her already super thin budget to help her mom
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Anonymous 1

Unread post

20,000 a year is pocket change. 500,000.00 for 25 years makes your dh a F***ing cheap ass bastard.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Hey! I hear ya! When my DH's kids college loans came due, we just wrote his EX a check for $80K. We have no clue what the hell she did with that money; but she DIDN'T apply it to the kids' college loans! Though the kids were told their education would be paid in full by mom and dad, because of their mother's antics, both kids unexpectedly ended up having to pay half their college loans!
Locked Previous topicNext topic