Why a small-town restaurant owner asked Sarah Huckabee Sanders to leave

someone

Unread post

Why a small-town restaurant owner asked Sarah Huckabee Sanders to leave — and would do it again

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/loc ... c3689b7f2b

Unread post

Sarah will be given an apology and a ton of cash per the Starbucks precedent, right?
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Restaurants have the right to refuse service to anyone. Maybe they should ask a person's political affiliation when they take the reservation. They can look for a clientele that includes Kathy Griffin, Samantha Bee, Michelle Wolf, Bill Mahr, Peter Fonda...
Anon

Unread post

Guest wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:12 pm Sarah will be given an apology and a ton of cash per the Starbucks precedent, right?
Why would she? You do understand the difference between a businesses right to refuse service and discrimination of a protected class right?
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't understand the refusing service to paying customers thing. It doesn't sound like good business practice. It's not my business, so not my decision.

Unread post

She wasn’t arrested or targeted unlawfully because of her skin color, so, no. Not the same thing.

Guest wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:12 pm Sarah will be given an apology and a ton of cash per the Starbucks precedent, right?
Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Everyone cheers for this but let it be bakery refusing service to a gay couple and people are ready to burn the place down.

I’m all for private businesses refusing service to who ever they please but let’s keep it fair.
LOL

Unread post

I'd run the lying POS out too.
RedBottoms

Unread post

I don't care their reasons. I feel businesses should have carte blanche to not serve anyone they want for whatever reason. But then those people also have carte blanche to write them bad reviews or blast them on social media or go to the news media etc

works both ways
lwalker270
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

I am no fan of Donald Trump nor Sarah Sanders; however, I think kicking them out simply because she works for Trump makes the owner look petty and small-minded.
Locked Previous topicNext topic