She demanded to see the registration for my service dog

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Some random lady came up to me in the library saying that she wanted to see the registration papers for my "service dog" (she did the whole air quote thing). This isnt the first time this has happened and I usually try to handle the situation by just educating people on service dogs. I didnt even get a few words out before she was saying that I was full of shit because they dont let pit bulls be service dogs

My dog isnt a pitbull she doesnt even look like a pit bull. Like not even a little bit, she is a golden retriever. I decided my best bet was to just walk away.

I bet her head would have exploded if I told her there is no such thing as a registered service dog or that I trained mine myself. It just wasnt worth it to try to explain it to someone that dumb.

My dog is a real service dog. I have MS and she helps me all day every day and I could not function properly without her. I dont mind answering questions about her but I have had to deal with people enough to know when it is just not worth it.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

You can thank all of the assholes that walk around with their pets claiming they are "support" animals. The ADA should come up with a certification paper and an ID with the human and dog picture on it, that way there won't be any confusion. If I see someone with a lapdog in a grocery store or any store where they sell food, I take a picture and file a complaint with the health department online and upload the picture. This causes issues with the stores and they are much stricter in my area about who they allow to bring in animals claiming they are support animals
Anonymous 3

Unread post

You can thank all the people using service dogs as an excuse to bring their untrained animals into places they shouldn't be. Out of curiosity how does a service dog help with MS?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, thank all the morons that try to pass their pets as “support” animals. It’s because if those people that I think it should be perfectly legal to ask a person to prove that their animal is a legitimate service dog and not one of those ridiculous “emotional support” animals.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thank all the people who label their ordinary pets as support animals and then feel entitled to bring them everywhere. They are ruining it for the true service animals. But that lady should never have approached you directly. If she had a problem with your dog, she should have taken it to the librarian or other employee in charge and let them handle it.

Golden Retrievers are the best. We had one as a pet. We got her at 12 weeks old once she weaned from her mommy and we had her until she died just a few weeks ago at age 15. We felt blessed to have had so many good years with her and she was such a good dog. Honestly, when DH and I talk about getting another dog in the future, we feel like we were spoiled by Sandy and we will never find a dog as good as her again.
I wish you many good years with your companion and helper.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yep....It happens around here all the time. BUT the store owners and managers here will ask the people with the cute little lap dogs to leave the premises and tell the people to feel free to try and sue them, lol Its gotten out of hand in the last few years...like ridiculously out of hand
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:03 pm Well, thank all the morons that try to pass their pets as “support” animals. It’s because if those people that I think it should be perfectly legal to ask a person to prove that their animal is a legitimate service dog and not one of those ridiculous “emotional support” animals.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 3:58 pm You can thank all the people using service dogs as an excuse to bring their untrained animals into places they shouldn't be. Out of curiosity how does a service dog help with MS?
She is there to help guide me when I am having problems seeing. She also is there for support as in she helps support me when I am walking. If I pass out she knows how to roll me over and call for help. She can bring me just about anything I need. The list goes on and on
Anonymous 4

Unread post

If this isn’t YogaMom, I’ll eat my hat.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:15 pm If this isn’t YogaMom, I’ll eat my hat.
Start munching away, its not her this time, hahaha
Anonymous 5

Unread post

There are many people who have a legitimate need for a service dog or for an emotional support animal. The problem is that there are now many ways for any Tom, Dick, or Harry to register their animal and call it what they may. It is THOSE people that are making it difficult for those that truly do need their animals.

I've been saying for a while that we need to develop a law that is UNIFORM among all the states. Until we do that, businesses don't know what they can and can not do. And until businesses fully understand the law, every Tom, Dick, and Harry is going to be bringing their freakin' hamster with them everywhere they go!

Legitimate service animals? YES.
Fly-by-night "I just love my Chihuahua" animals? NO.
Locked Previous topicNext topic