MIL doesnt like the fact that I am taking time off of work

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:05 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:49 am
Valentina327 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:38 am

That does give her something to brag about.
I disagree. She struggled and her kids went without a lot for their entire lives before supporting themselves as adults
A large amount of people struggle. People struggle in 2 parent households. She had all of that pressure on her and only her - pressure that's normally borne by both parents. She deserves credit. If they didn't live in a car for their entire childhood or starve to death, they didn't go without essentials.
All moms who raise kids deserve credit but being a struggling mom where your kids went without their whole life is nothing to brag about. You can disagree if you want.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I am not going to talk to her about my personal or financial life. She is the only one being nasty. There is nothing wrong with telling someone to mind their own business.
Msprekteacher wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:06 am Well, it kind of does. No, she isn’t special as she isn’t the only one but being a single parent IS commendable. Especially since she raised a man who is compassionate to his wife’s needs!

Instead of being nasty with MIL, show her that you aren’t taking advantage and that nothing is going to change! See I was in the opposite boat when I stayed home-my mother who DID stay home was appalled could financially stay home and my siblings couldn’t. We simply lived our best lives and eventually those who talked shit moved on.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:28 pm
Msprekteacher wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:52 pm So i assume that your MIL was a high powered executive who contributed financially to the family? Otherwise why would she give a shit?
She was a single mom who did it all on her own. She thinks that gives her something to brag about
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:50 am
Fullxbusymom wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:39 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:28 pm

She was a single mom who did it all on her own. She thinks that gives her something to brag about
Hate to tell you but it does give her something to brag about. Kudos to her!
Supporting your kids is what you are supposed to do and nothing to brag about.
Well not exactly. Two parents supporting their kids is what is supposed to happen. When one parent does it all single handedly, ya that deserves huge praise.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:26 pm Now the MIL isn't happy. LOL.
She never is either! I think her and BM should hang out and not be happy together! Misery loves company.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MeAF wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:46 am
MistressMonster wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:26 pm Now the MIL isn't happy. LOL.
She never is either! I think her and BM should hang out and not be happy together! Misery loves company.
I second that idea. Guess I'm not properly fulfilling the MIL role either, as being I'm one. Didn't realize I am supposed to insert myself into their lives, and demand they do things my way.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Boring
I shit glitter
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:40 am Eh, family usually discuss things and may share opinions we don't always agree with. That is pretty normal and nothing to be so up in arms about.
No it's not normal to insert yourself into other people's financial life. In no.way is that normal
Anonymous 4

Unread post

All these women marry men with children and then bitch and Moan about everything. Stop marrying used men if you don’t want issues.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:17 pm All these women marry men with children and then bitch and Moan about everything. Stop marrying used men if you don’t want issues.
What? My husband didnt have children when I married him.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:29 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:17 pm All these women marry men with children and then bitch and Moan about everything. Stop marrying used men if you don’t want issues.
What? My husband didnt have children when I married him.
This should serve as a warning to you. Don’t get remarried to someone with kids
Locked Previous topicNext topic