MIL doesnt like the fact that I am taking time off of work

Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:14 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:09 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:07 pm You share too much with your MIL.
I havent shared anything with her. I told her it was none of her business
She knew you're taking off. Why tell her?
It is obvious. I usually work 6 days a week and now I am not. Only a dipshit wouldnt notice
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Msprekteacher wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:52 pm So i assume that your MIL was a high powered executive who contributed financially to the family? Otherwise why would she give a shit?
She was a single mom who did it all on her own. She thinks that gives her something to brag about
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:28 pm
Msprekteacher wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:52 pm So i assume that your MIL was a high powered executive who contributed financially to the family? Otherwise why would she give a shit?
She was a single mom who did it all on her own. She thinks that gives her something to brag about
That does give her something to brag about.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Hate to tell you but it does give her something to brag about. Kudos to her!
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Eh, family usually discuss things and may share opinions we don't always agree with. That is pretty normal and nothing to be so up in arms about.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:38 am
I disagree. She struggled and her kids went without a lot for their entire lives before supporting themselves as adults
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:39 am
Hate to tell you but it does give her something to brag about. Kudos to her!
Supporting your kids is what you are supposed to do and nothing to brag about.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:49 am
Valentina327 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:38 am

I disagree. She struggled and her kids went without a lot for their entire lives before supporting themselves as adults
A large amount of people struggle. People struggle in 2 parent households. She had all of that pressure on her and only her - pressure that's normally borne by both parents. She deserves credit. If they didn't live in a car for their entire childhood or starve to death, they didn't go without essentials.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am sorry, it is not really her business.

I do understand her sentiments. My DH has been considering quitting his job. The idea drives me batty and I would be disappointed. I ask him, “ wait a minute, wtf are you going to do? “ I did not marry a house husband nor SAHD! It irritates me, but obviously you DH is embracing the idea, so enjoy!
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Well, it kind of does. No, she isn’t special as she isn’t the only one but being a single parent IS commendable. Especially since she raised a man who is compassionate to his wife’s needs!

Instead of being nasty with MIL, show her that you aren’t taking advantage and that nothing is going to change! See I was in the opposite boat when I stayed home-my mother who DID stay home was appalled could financially stay home and my siblings couldn’t. We simply lived our best lives and eventually those who talked shit moved on.

Locked Previous topicNext topic