My dog the coward

Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My dog will try to fight dogs (big or small), cats and raccoons. I thought taking her to the park would be good. She could " protect" me. So we go on a 2.5 mile hike.
On the pave walkways she is in the front taking the lead. On the gravel path and floating bridge she is beside me. On the explorer trail (dirt) she is behind me.
So we are walking and come across a snake in the path. I know she knew the snake was there before I saw it, because she is hiding behind me. She looks up at me like "So what are YOU going to do now?" She doesn't even bark at it.
I ended up having back track and carry her back to the gravel trail. She was not happy when we decided to take another explorer path and kept trailing behind me, using me like a shield.

I did not expect her to attack the snake, nor would I let her. I just thought she would at least bark at it and warn me.
Attachments
20190515_122018.jpg
20190515_124921.jpg
20190515_122038.jpg
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would have jumped on your shoulders and hung on for dear life....she only hid behind you, LOLl
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Sassy762 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 7:18 pm I would have jumped on your shoulders and hung on for dear life....she only hid behind you, LOLl
That snake was not moving either. It was enjoying its sun bath. I tried stoning my feet, whistling loudly, tossing those prickly nuts near it (not hit it). It just wouldn't budge. Just flicked its tongue out at me.
Dont worry, I would had hoofed it out with you on my back if need be.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

**shudders**
I hate snakes, lol I like the snake skin if its on shoes, boots, belts or a purse......otherwise HELL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Conweis wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 7:22 pm
Sassy762 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 7:18 pm I would have jumped on your shoulders and hung on for dear life....she only hid behind you, LOLl
That snake was not moving either. It was enjoying its sun bath. I tried stoning my feet, whistling loudly, tossing those prickly nuts near it (not hit it). It just wouldn't budge. Just flicked its tongue out at me.
Dont worry, I would had hoofed it out with you on my back if need be.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don’t blame her. Yikes!!!
That thing looks like it could kill you.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Looks like a King snake or Black Racer. Totally harmless unless you are a mouse/rat. They keep vermin down.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 7:26 pm I don’t blame her. Yikes!!!
That thing looks like it could kill you.
It was a king snake. We have a plenty of those. But I did keep my distance.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 7:29 pm Looks like a King snake or Black Racer. Totally harmless unless you are a mouse/rat. They keep vermin down.
It is a king snake, but I still kept my distance. This is his/her home.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Aw. She looks like such a cute dog though, what I can see of her.

It's odd, ever since we lost our dog a month ago I seem to notice other people's dogs more and how sweet they are.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

That dog isn't stupid!

Locked Previous topicNext topic