She demanded to see the registration for my service dog

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Okay but what would the process be for getting dogs registered? What would the costs be? What would make a dog qualify or not?
Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 1:37 am I thought she was trying to say that she'd like for businesses to not have to guess as to whether or not the animal is a service dog. As it is right now, businesses have no way of determining that a dog is truly a service dog and out of fear of being sued, they lean towards not asking the patron. Typically, they simply allow the dog to enter.

I don't think service dogs are the issue. More and more people are getting their dogs registered as "Emotional Support Animals" (ESA). To do that, all one needs is 10 minutes and access to the internet. Immediately after you've "registered" your ESA, you & your ESA will most definitely be granted access to most any local establishment...because the poor business owner doesn't know whether or not you have the right to have that animal in his store. Thinking your dog is a service dog he will simply allow the dog to enter.

There lies the problem. Because it is so easy to get animals registered as ESAs, there are a lot of people doing it! Hence, a rise in the number of dogs entering establishments. Store owners are confused as to what their rights are and they fear infringing on the rights of disabled people. So...they are allowing all the dogs to enter.

To insure that service dogs are always permitted IN and any other dogs are kept OUT, I'd like to see all service dogs be granted licenses. FULL LICENSE=FULL ENTRANCE. NO LICENSE=NO ENTRANCE. I think it would save a lot of grief for those with service dogs, retail establishments, and patrons.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 6:30 pm
Diamepphyre wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 6:27 pm

Because of all the losers who take advantage of the laws by claiming their animal is a service animal when it isn't, it's high time that we changed the laws to allow businesses to demand proof before they allow the animal in. I think it's beyond stupid that we don't already allow that. Anyone who truly has a service animal should not be offended by the question.
Proof of what from where?
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 3:54 am Where are all these service animals? I rarely see them.
Same here, I need see any even when we were training ours, I rarely see dogs where dogs generally aren't allowed.
Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I was at the grocery store a few months ago and this lady had two chihuahuas in her cart. One of them actually pooped in the cart. A store manager told her she couldn't have them in the store and she pitched a royal fit. He then told her that dogs weren't allowed in the carts for health reasons no matter what...even if they are service dogs. She went on and on about how they were too little and would get hurt and might run off. Dude...if they might run off they aren't service dogs.
Sassy762 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:08 pm Yep....It happens around here all the time. BUT the store owners and managers here will ask the people with the cute little lap dogs to leave the premises and tell the people to feel free to try and sue them, lol Its gotten out of hand in the last few years...like ridiculously out of hand
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:03 pm Well, thank all the morons that try to pass their pets as “support” animals. It’s because if those people that I think it should be perfectly legal to ask a person to prove that their animal is a legitimate service dog and not one of those ridiculous “emotional support” animals.
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This shit is getting out of control......The store owners and managers are getting tired of it also because it can actually hurting their business. They tell people to leave and to sue them...but the idiots fail realize that IF they do try to sue the business then they will have to prove in court that their dog is really a service dog, which they can't do if its not.
Shaken1976 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:04 am I was at the grocery store a few months ago and this lady had two chihuahuas in her cart. One of them actually pooped in the cart. A store manager told her she couldn't have them in the store and she pitched a royal fit. He then told her that dogs weren't allowed in the carts for health reasons no matter what...even if they are service dogs. She went on and on about how they were too little and would get hurt and might run off. Dude...if they might run off they aren't service dogs.
Sassy762 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:08 pm Yep....It happens around here all the time. BUT the store owners and managers here will ask the people with the cute little lap dogs to leave the premises and tell the people to feel free to try and sue them, lol Its gotten out of hand in the last few years...like ridiculously out of hand
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:03 pm Well, thank all the morons that try to pass their pets as “support” animals. It’s because if those people that I think it should be perfectly legal to ask a person to prove that their animal is a legitimate service dog and not one of those ridiculous “emotional support” animals.
Deleted User 114

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 3:54 amWhere are all these service animals? I rarely see them.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

All the people advocating for ID cards for service animals are most likely not the ones who would have to deal with proving their disability to every person that interrupts their dinner at a restaurant or shopping trip just to be a jackass. Support animals are not allowed in public places that don't allow dogs normally. Only service animals. Service animals have to follow specific behavioral rules or they can be told to leave. It is extremely rude to tell someone they have to prove their need for their medical equipment to you. A service dog is medical equipment.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Support dogs are not allowed in public places. Service dogs are not allowed to poop indoors or they can be told to leave.
Shaken1976 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:04 am I was at the grocery store a few months ago and this lady had two chihuahuas in her cart. One of them actually pooped in the cart. A store manager told her she couldn't have them in the store and she pitched a royal fit. He then told her that dogs weren't allowed in the carts for health reasons no matter what...even if they are service dogs. She went on and on about how they were too little and would get hurt and might run off. Dude...if they might run off they aren't service dogs.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:04 pm All the people advocating for ID cards for service animals are most likely not the ones who would have to deal with proving their disability to every person that interrupts their dinner at a restaurant or shopping trip just to be a jackass. Support animals are not allowed in public places that don't allow dogs normally. Only service animals. Service animals have to follow specific behavioral rules or they can be told to leave. It is extremely rude to tell someone they have to prove their need for their medical equipment to you. A service dog is medical equipment.
If people with legit service dogs had an ID with both pictures on it, thats all the proof they would need and they only have to show it to the owner or manager of the business. Its not rude to ask for proof when you have all the assholes bringing in their F***ing lapdogs, cats, squirrels and lizards into a business claiming they are service aninals when they are actually stupid support pets.
If someone is truly disabled and needs a service dog then they shouldnt have any problem showing an ID with their pic and disability listed. Only faking asshole would take issue with that
goodvanilla
Villein
Villein

Unread post

I'm a nurse and we can't even ask for proof in the hospital. As long as someone is available to take the animal out for bathroom breaks (we can't) patients can bring pretty much whatever animal they want with them; our policy even includes support miniature horses.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 7:51 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:04 pm All the people advocating for ID cards for service animals are most likely not the ones who would have to deal with proving their disability to every person that interrupts their dinner at a restaurant or shopping trip just to be a jackass. Support animals are not allowed in public places that don't allow dogs normally. Only service animals. Service animals have to follow specific behavioral rules or they can be told to leave. It is extremely rude to tell someone they have to prove their need for their medical equipment to you. A service dog is medical equipment.
If people with legit service dogs had an ID with both pictures on it, thats all the proof they would need and they only have to show it to the owner or manager of the business. Its not rude to ask for proof when you have all the assholes bringing in their F***ing lapdogs, cats, squirrels and lizards into a business claiming they are service aninals when they are actually stupid support pets.
If someone is truly disabled and needs a service dog then they shouldnt have any problem showing an ID with their pic and disability listed. Only faking asshole would take issue with that
Do you need proof that you need a wheelchair? There is no reason that someone should have to prove that their service dog is needed as long as the dog is being used properly, which the law supports.
Locked Previous topicNext topic