She demanded to see the registration for my service dog

That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 3:54 pm You can thank all of the assholes that walk around with their pets claiming they are "support" animals. The ADA should come up with a certification paper and an ID with the human and dog picture on it, that way there won't be any confusion. If I see someone with a lapdog in a grocery store or any store where they sell food, I take a picture and file a complaint with the health department online and upload the picture. This causes issues with the stores and they are much stricter in my area about who they allow to bring in animals claiming they are support animals
I agree. People with legit service dogs need to be protected.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 3:40 pm Some random lady came up to me in the library saying that she wanted to see the registration papers for my "service dog" (she did the whole air quote thing). This isnt the first time this has happened and I usually try to handle the situation by just educating people on service dogs. I didnt even get a few words out before she was saying that I was full of shit because they dont let pit bulls be service dogs

My dog isnt a pitbull she doesnt even look like a pit bull. Like not even a little bit, she is a golden retriever. I decided my best bet was to just walk away.

I bet her head would have exploded if I told her there is no such thing as a registered service dog or that I trained mine myself. It just wasnt worth it to try to explain it to someone that dumb.

My dog is a real service dog. I have MS and she helps me all day every day and I could not function properly without her. I dont mind answering questions about her but I have had to deal with people enough to know when it is just not worth it.
I work in a medical building. Just a few minutes ago there was a pitbull "service dog" in the women's bathroom with her human.

I wanted to pet her so bad but I know thats a no-no.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

My nieces boyfriend has a "service dog." I was shocked when my niece had it with a service dog vest on. This dog barks at everything and jumps on people. I had to put my dogs away when she brought him over because hes not dog friendly.
Its people like that who ruin it for people who need it and have properly trained dogs.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It seems to be human nature that people are preoccupied with the idea that someone else might have something, or benefit from something they are not getting. So if one person has a service dog, other people think they deserve one as well. Conversely if they can't bring their dog to the library they get angry that you can do so.

I've worked in a variety of situations with the public, and we were always taught you can ask if a dog is a service animal, but that is the end of the conversation. No asking for proof, no asking for the reason.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

All the service dogs I see have yellow vests that identify them.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

I agree there needs to be stricter rules in place for those with legit service dogs. We have too many people passing their untrained animals as service animals, who are doing a disservice to the real people that benefit from them. Part of the problem is any Tom, Dick, or Harry can buy one of the service animal vests off Amazon slap it on their dog, and boom!
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Just tell people no. If they wish to continue, invite them to call the police.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Deleted User 876

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 3:40 pm Some random lady came up to me in the library saying that she wanted to see the registration papers for my "service dog" (she did the whole air quote thing). This isnt the first time this has happened and I usually try to handle the situation by just educating people on service dogs. I didnt even get a few words out before she was saying that I was full of shit because they dont let pit bulls be service dogs

My dog isnt a pitbull she doesnt even look like a pit bull. Like not even a little bit, she is a golden retriever. I decided my best bet was to just walk away.

I bet her head would have exploded if I told her there is no such thing as a registered service dog or that I trained mine myself. It just wasnt worth it to try to explain it to someone that dumb.

My dog is a real service dog. I have MS and she helps me all day every day and I could not function properly without her. I dont mind answering questions about her but I have had to deal with people enough to know when it is just not worth it.
Because of all the losers who take advantage of the laws by claiming their animal is a service animal when it isn't, it's high time that we changed the laws to allow businesses to demand proof before they allow the animal in. I think it's beyond stupid that we don't already allow that. Anyone who truly has a service animal should not be offended by the question.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Diamepphyre wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 6:27 pm

Because of all the losers who take advantage of the laws by claiming their animal is a service animal when it isn't, it's high time that we changed the laws to allow businesses to demand proof before they allow the animal in. I think it's beyond stupid that we don't already allow that. Anyone who truly has a service animal should not be offended by the question.
Proof of what from where?
Deleted User 670

Unread post

You should have told her to get the f**k away from you before you call the cops on her for harassment. Don't even give people like this the time of day. Just tell 'em to f**k off and call the cops.
Locked Previous topicNext topic