She demanded to see the registration for my service dog

Anonymous 2

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:39 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:52 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:25 am

Because I don't agree with you, I must be closed minded and dumb... but I'm the know it all... so typical, you are getting nowhere because you lack actual reasons so you just try to personally insult me. Once again, since no matter how many times its repeated you don't grasp it, service dogs have to fit specific behavioral regulations, otherwise they can be told to leave, so it would be very difficult for someone to bring in their I'll behaved lapdog whose causing problems and call them a service dog. That isn't ruining anything for people who have disabilities.
Sorry but you are wrong. Please stop you are making service dogs and their owners look bad with your ignorance.
Having a different opinion and not wanting my uncle to be harassed by everyone who decides his disability is their business does not make me wrong. Nothing I am saying makes service animals look bad.
If your uncle is only half as fake as you are then I can understand people questioning whether he is truly disabled or faking it to garner sympathy and to get over
Deleted User 670

Unread post

It is against the law to ask to see any registration. The business owner, and not some nosy twat, can ask if the animal is a service animal required for a disability and what has it been trained to do. The animal must be controlled by leash, harness or voice command. Any animal that is not controlled or well behaved can be asked to leave the premises. Emotional support, therapy, comfort or companion animals ARE NOT service animals and do not qualify as such under the ADA. And are not protected under the ADA. However, such animals may be protected by state or local law.

https://www.ada.gov/regs2010/service_animal_qa.html
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That’s illegal. She can’t ask for proof. What services does your dog do for you?
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Which virtually no one is willing to do because of the potential bad press that can result from it. The problem lies with the people trying to scam the system. If an ill behaved dog bites another person or pees on the floor at the grocery store the grocery store has to deal with it. And people ask "why was this dog here in the first place?" Because you can't F***ing ask or verify!!! Hotels, apartments ,rentals are dealing with this bull shit. They have to let the animal in because the owner says it is a service animal. Then the dog chews and pees on everything!

It's like all the idiots that decided they were gluten intolerant and throws a fuss at a restaurant when really they were just jumping on the bandwagon. It makes every one who claims to have Celiac or intolerance look like liars. I'm not sure how your not understanding this.

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:37 am
Anonymous 8 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:21 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:25 am

Because I don't agree with you, I must be closed minded and dumb... but I'm the know it all... so typical, you are getting nowhere because you lack actual reasons so you just try to personally insult me. Once again, since no matter how many times its repeated you don't grasp it, service dogs have to fit specific behavioral regulations, otherwise they can be told to leave, so it would be very difficult for someone to bring in their I'll behaved lapdog whose causing problems and call them a service dog. That isn't ruining anything for people who have disabilities.
That isn't true. You can buy a service animal vest off of amazon slap it on the dog, and boom! He's supposedly a service animal.
Do some research. Service dogs need to meet specific behavioral requirements or they can be told to leave.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Whatever the current rules/guidelines are now among the states...use those rules to come up with rules and guidelines to use across all 50 states. And then, issue a license. The point I'm trying to make is that the rules should be consistent across the board so that business owners know their rights and those that use service dogs aren't denied access. And those that DON'T have a license ARE denied access.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:21 am Okay but what would the process be for getting dogs registered? What would the costs be? What would make a dog qualify or not?
Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 1:37 am I thought she was trying to say that she'd like for businesses to not have to guess as to whether or not the animal is a service dog. As it is right now, businesses have no way of determining that a dog is truly a service dog and out of fear of being sued, they lean towards not asking the patron. Typically, they simply allow the dog to enter.

I don't think service dogs are the issue. More and more people are getting their dogs registered as "Emotional Support Animals" (ESA). To do that, all one needs is 10 minutes and access to the internet. Immediately after you've "registered" your ESA, you & your ESA will most definitely be granted access to most any local establishment...because the poor business owner doesn't know whether or not you have the right to have that animal in his store. Thinking your dog is a service dog he will simply allow the dog to enter.

There lies the problem. Because it is so easy to get animals registered as ESAs, there are a lot of people doing it! Hence, a rise in the number of dogs entering establishments. Store owners are confused as to what their rights are and they fear infringing on the rights of disabled people. So...they are allowing all the dogs to enter.

To insure that service dogs are always permitted IN and any other dogs are kept OUT, I'd like to see all service dogs be granted licenses. FULL LICENSE=FULL ENTRANCE. NO LICENSE=NO ENTRANCE. I think it would save a lot of grief for those with service dogs, retail establishments, and patrons.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 6:30 pm

Proof of what from where?
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Whatever the current rules/guidelines are now among the states...use those rules to come up with rules and guidelines to use across all 50 states. And then, issue a license. The point I'm trying to make is that the rules should be consistent across the board so that business owners know their rights and those that use service dogs aren't denied access. And those that DON'T have a license ARE denied access.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:21 am Okay but what would the process be for getting dogs registered? What would the costs be? What would make a dog qualify or not?
Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 1:37 am I thought she was trying to say that she'd like for businesses to not have to guess as to whether or not the animal is a service dog. As it is right now, businesses have no way of determining that a dog is truly a service dog and out of fear of being sued, they lean towards not asking the patron. Typically, they simply allow the dog to enter.

I don't think service dogs are the issue. More and more people are getting their dogs registered as "Emotional Support Animals" (ESA). To do that, all one needs is 10 minutes and access to the internet. Immediately after you've "registered" your ESA, you & your ESA will most definitely be granted access to most any local establishment...because the poor business owner doesn't know whether or not you have the right to have that animal in his store. Thinking your dog is a service dog he will simply allow the dog to enter.

There lies the problem. Because it is so easy to get animals registered as ESAs, there are a lot of people doing it! Hence, a rise in the number of dogs entering establishments. Store owners are confused as to what their rights are and they fear infringing on the rights of disabled people. So...they are allowing all the dogs to enter.

To insure that service dogs are always permitted IN and any other dogs are kept OUT, I'd like to see all service dogs be granted licenses. FULL LICENSE=FULL ENTRANCE. NO LICENSE=NO ENTRANCE. I think it would save a lot of grief for those with service dogs, retail establishments, and patrons.

Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 1

Unread post

The guidelines are federal. The dog must be for someone with a disability and the dog must perform tasks for the person who is disabled

ETA you can also have a miniature horse as a service animal but I know nothing about what that entails.
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:46 pm Whatever the current rules/guidelines are now among the states...use those rules to come up with rules and guidelines to use across all 50 states. And then, issue a license. The point I'm trying to make is that the rules should be consistent across the board so that business owners know their rights and those that use service dogs aren't denied access. And those that DON'T have a license ARE denied access.

Anonymous 5

Unread post

Can't you just see it?
:)
cellomom26 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 5:14 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:31 pm There are many people who have a legitimate need for a service dog or for an emotional support animal. The problem is that there are now many ways for any Tom, Dick, or Harry to register their animal and call it what they may. It is THOSE people that are making it difficult for those that truly do need their animals.

I've been saying for a while that we need to develop a law that is UNIFORM among all the states. Until we do that, businesses don't know what they can and can not do. And until businesses fully understand the law, every Tom, Dick, and Harry is going to be bringing their freakin' hamster with them everywhere they go!

Legitimate service animals? YES.
Fly-by-night "I just love my Chihuahua" animals? NO.
I love your reply!

Emotional support hamster 🤣🤣🤣
Locked Previous topicNext topic