Should he give her money back?

RedBottoms

Unread post

You handled it right. I would say its between them and stay out of it
Ladyiq
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

No, his time and consultation has value. She needs to now take that knowledge and do what he recommended.
CrazyJenn
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I agree with you.

👍
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

He did his job, he fixed what he could, charged for THAT and informed her that she needed to get XYZ done in order to prevent it from happening again. He keeps the money. She can suck an egg. Personally though if I were him I would have notified the city that her residence is not up to code as it presents a hazard for the entire neighborhood. They could issue her a citation to get it fixed AND recommend a list of qualified professionals for the job.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:43 pm He did his job, he fixed what he could, charged for THAT and informed her that she needed to get XYZ done in order to prevent it from happening again. He keeps the money. She can suck an egg. Personally though if I were him I would have notified the city that her residence is not up to code as it presents a hazard for the entire neighborhood. They could issue her a citation to get it fixed AND recommend a list of qualified professionals for the job.
I was actually thinking the same which is that it sounds like a fire hazard. I suppose if she keeps texting him/calling he can do that.
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

He should have been compensated for the work he did do and shouldn't feel the need to give her any back. Especially when he let her know it was a temporary fix from the beginning.
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
Anonymous 1

Unread post

The friend should be compensated for his time and work. But if I was the guy that did the work in her house, I would cover myself and report her situation to the Code Enforcement agency. Her house specifically the electrical wiring may not be safe and could cause a fire. He is the last person that worked in the house and if something were to happen, the city could come after him. I hope he took before and after pictures of the area he worked on
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I agree with you. This is why my dh got out of residential work people can be ridiculous.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Nothing to do with you or your dh anymore. The friend did the work and should be paid for it.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

what does the contract say between the electrician and the customer?
does it say that he provided a temprparay restoration of power and that the lines will still need to be repaired?
Locked Previous topicNext topic