What would you do in this situation CPS (neighbors)

Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wouldn't write them a letter because this is the second time the child was removed. CPS doesn't remove kids just because they feel like it, there has to be a legitimate reason. You really don't know what's going on in that apartment because you haven't been in it. With all the trash you said they threw out, it must have been pretty bad.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CrazyJenn wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:24 pm I would stay out of it, completely.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Sassy762 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:31 pm I wouldn't write them a letter because this is the second time the child was removed. CPS doesn't remove kids just because they feel like it, there has to be a legitimate reason. You really don't know what's going on in that apartment because you haven't been in it. With all the trash you said they threw out, it must have been pretty bad.
See that's my take on it. I don't know the whole situation. I don't know these people other than what they told me and for the few minutes I see them outside.

I know they didn't pass inspection w/the apartments, but I don't know what or anything came of that.

They are nice enough people. I just don't want to really get involved.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Then tell them that you don't feel comfortable putting anything in writing because you don't know them or their living/family situation well enough. That's all you have to say then walk away. I would not get involved with them at all after this.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:43 pm
Sassy762 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:31 pm I wouldn't write them a letter because this is the second time the child was removed. CPS doesn't remove kids just because they feel like it, there has to be a legitimate reason. You really don't know what's going on in that apartment because you haven't been in it. With all the trash you said they threw out, it must have been pretty bad.
See that's my take on it. I don't know the whole situation. I don't know these people other than what they told me and for the few minutes I see them outside.

I know they didn't pass inspection w/the apartments, but I don't know what or anything came of that.

They are nice enough people. I just don't want to really get involved.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Since you’re stuck with being right by them, I would maybe write a super short letter stating that you’re a neighbor and you’ve never personally seen anything wrong. Either that, or just tell them you don’t feel that you know them well enough to write a letter.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Deleted User 670

Unread post

If I don't know the family at all, I wouldn't feel comfortable writing a letter.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If you have no first hand knowledge of anything, you should say nothing.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Can you live with the possibility that you might be responsible for returning a child to people who do not properly care for the child?

You simply say I am sorry I am not comfortable enough to say anything either way.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think it would be a red flag to everyone that one of the only character witnesses they can bring in barely knows of them and nothing about their situation, so I hope they have more in their arsenal than you.
Even if you went, I don't see what kind of help you really can offer. I hope it is just unchecked mental health issues that lead to the filth and that with help they can turn this all around and get their children back if that is in fact what is best for all concerned.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:06 pm Why not just write a letter stating exactly what you just told us?
This and make sure it is notarized.
Locked Previous topicNext topic