What would you do in this situation CPS (neighbors)

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My upstairs neighbors, had their daughter taken by CPS. According to the neighbors, it was because someone called and said she was hanging out the window at midnight and screaming, and that they washed her mouth out with soap.

Now, I only talk to these neighbors, because they are always outside and stop me to talk when I am coming/going from my apartment. They do this with everyone, they are the "neighborhood gossips" And nosy as hell, but I don't tell them anything about me.

Here they send someone from the police dept first, they assess the situation and if they feel it is warranted they forward it to CPS and if it's really horrible they call them right then and there and take the child. So from what I was told the police came out at like 1 am talked to the neighbors looked around the house, and then CPS came back at 6 am the next day and took her.

Now I was up the night in question at midnight and I didn't hear or see her hanging out the window or screaming.

I have never been in their house so I don't know that situation but the next day they had 10 people there helping clean and bags and bags of shit kept getting tossed off the balcony. at the end of the day they had filled up 3/4 pf the dumpster in the back of the apartments. So I am guessing the apartment was pretty gross, although they "claim" it was just toys all over.

Well I guess they had to get a lawyer because CPS filled to remove her from their custody ( and they had just got her back about 6 months ago for basically having nasty living situation, so they moved from there to where we are now). So they were asking me if I would be willing to write a letter or go to court with them to tell them that I have never heard them abusing her and that she is well taken care of.

I only see the little girl in the mornings and after school. She looks clean and taken care of as far as I can tell and I never have heard them screaming at her. I have heard her yelling that they are "Killing her" but that is only because they are trying to brush her hair and she hates it and it's only in the mornings before school. She is 4 and according to mom has autism, she makes noise and throws tantrums, but not anymore than any other 4 year old I have ever met and nothing that would make me concerned.

I don't feel that I know the situation well enough (I only know what the neighbors have told me) to say they are good/bad parents. I don't want to piss off the neighbor but I also don't feel that I know enough to say anything via letter or court about this situation.

What would you do? Say?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

If I could go into their home and see it's clean I may consider it.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Why not just write a letter stating exactly what you just told us?
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:06 pm Why not just write a letter stating exactly what you just told us?
This. That is truly all you know. You know snippets in time, not the overall picture.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You tell them "I don't feel I know the situation well enough to comment on it" however in my personal opinion if they are asking you to make specific comments saying you haven't heard them doing XYZ, it's an indication that they likely do that very specific thing.
RedBottoms

Unread post

at most I would write a letter stating what you just told us and leave it at that. But I would be hesitant to get involved with these people
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would tell them that I’d be willing to testify or write a letter, but I will stick to the facts as I know them. If you haven’t seen any signs of abuse, then that’s that. But that doesn’t mean you can state with any certainty that the child is properly taken care of. And TBH, I’d be very hesitant in saying that considering CPS removes the child from their care.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wouldn't want to write a letter. But if CPS interviews me I'm going to state facts.. child appears clean, healthy and free of unusual marks. Child has at times cried out 'you're killing me' and I'm not sure why. The rest is hearsay and you don't know the full story.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

For CPS to remove a child, there had to be a good reason. There may not be food. Or the child could have marks. You could write a letter but honestly, you have no idea why the child was removed. The one time I've seen kids removed for no reason is medical. A girl with cancer didn't want to continue treatment and was removed. That was ridiculous. but CPS has to go before a judge so there has to be some type of evidence.
CrazyJenn
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I would stay out of it, completely.
Locked Previous topicNext topic