My confession

Anonymous 1

Unread post

i get that. is there a room that maybe you could keep more clean and more organized? like that family or living room that you talked about in your other response? maybe make that room *your room* to escape every now and then and just sit and think aaahhhhhh it's so nice :) just a thought.
RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:56 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:53 am do you know if there is a reason why you care too much? maybe try to figure it out and try not to. like i said i wish i would have done that a long time ago. but better late than never :)
RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:51 am
Thanks! I do care way too much. I wish I didn't.
I think I watch too much HGTV. I see the perfect homes and I strive to have my home like that. I also grew up with 5 siblings so our home was always disorganized and I made it a point to keep my home from getting like that.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:33 pm
jas wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:21 pm
I think I watch too much HGTV. I see the perfect homes and I strive to have my home like that. I also grew up with 5 siblings so our home was always disorganized and I made it a point to keep my home from getting like that.
My mother kept house like a museum. Statues you couldn't touch, couches you couldn't sit on, toys in the basement only. I wasn't even allowed to have them in my room. My room was for sleeping, not playing. She kept everything tidy, clean, spotless.
I got married and moved out. A few years later we had our 1st son. Holy shit, my house looked like Toys R Us threw up everywhere. I was so restricted growing up, I flew the opposite direction with my son.
lol. I'm pushing 50 and there are plushies all over the place because I've started over, yet again, with my 4 yr old daughter. I'll have that HGTV home someday. Until then, I have kids and wouldn't want it any other way.
Lol it's funny how we sometimes go in the opposite direction. I tried hard to keep everything tidy and it is not working. We have a family room upstairs but I don't use it because the living room feels more cozy. You really started over with a 4 year old. I always imagined that my kids would be old enough to take care of themselves when I reached 40 but that won't happen with this one.
lmao - yeah, that's for sure. I have a 24, 13 and 4 year old. Starting over seems to be my thing. ;) A toy free house won't be for a while.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

i didn't grow up with a "museum" but my SIL did and she continued the museum life. it's honestly not comfortable going to her house. i find myself much more comfy at someone's house that feels lived in.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:53 am do you know if there is a reason why you care too much? maybe try to figure it out and try not to. like i said i wish i would have done that a long time ago. but better late than never :)

My mother kept house like a museum. Statues you couldn't touch, couches you couldn't sit on, toys in the basement only. I wasn't even allowed to have them in my room. My room was for sleeping, not playing. She kept everything tidy, clean, spotless.
I got married and moved out. A few years later we had our 1st son. Holy shit, my house looked like Toys R Us threw up everywhere. I was so restricted growing up, I flew the opposite direction with my son.
lol. I'm pushing 50 and there are plushies all over the place because I've started over, yet again, with my 4 yr old daughter. I'll have that HGTV home someday. Until then, I have kids and wouldn't want it any other way.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

that is my friend as well..i think their ages now are 25, 16, and 4 and now she is a grandma as well.
jas wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:43 pm

Lol it's funny how we sometimes go in the opposite direction. I tried hard to keep everything tidy and it is not working. We have a family room upstairs but I don't use it because the living room feels more cozy. You really started over with a 4 year old. I always imagined that my kids would be old enough to take care of themselves when I reached 40 but that won't happen with this one.
lmao - yeah, that's for sure. I have a 24, 13 and 4 year old. Starting over seems to be my thing. ;)
RedBottoms

Unread post

I grew up with an OCD clean mom. I actually did not hate it because she let me play in my room or playroom or outside and mess them up all I wanted-she came and cleaned up behind me.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:44 pm i didn't grow up with a "museum" but my SIL did and she continued the museum life. it's honestly not comfortable going to her house. i find myself much more comfy at someone's house that feels lived in.
I hated it. We never had anyone over or God forbid something would get dirty. My kids bring friends over, things get dirty or broken, but hey, you clean it up - life goes on.
I would love to have an "adult" living room that you see on TV, but I can wait :)
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:45 pm that is my friend as well..i think their ages now are 25, 16, and 4 and now she is a grandma as well.
jas wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:43 pm
lmao - yeah, that's for sure. I have a 24, 13 and 4 year old. Starting over seems to be my thing. ;)
Bad enough that'll be assumed at my daughters graduation. lol!
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:47 pm I grew up with an OCD clean mom. I actually did not hate it because she let me play in my room or playroom or outside and mess them up all I wanted-she came and cleaned up behind me.
I wasn't allowed to get dirty or mess up my toys. I had a toy box in the basement. I could play, but I had to clean everything up or I wasn't allowed to play the next day.
RedBottoms

Unread post

jas wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:54 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:47 pm I grew up with an OCD clean mom. I actually did not hate it because she let me play in my room or playroom or outside and mess them up all I wanted-she came and cleaned up behind me.
I wasn't allowed to get dirty or mess up my toys. I had a toy box in the basement. I could play, but I had to clean everything up or I wasn't allowed to play the next day.
I was pretty darn spoiled when it came to this. My mom never really gave me chores or hardly even made me pick up after myself. Because she was SOOOO OCD she could not wait for me to do a chore myself or was not happy with the way I did things-so she just always did it for me.

I was kinda mean to her. I would walk by the couch and punch down every pillow and then I would come back and she had gone and fluffed them all back up and I just punched them down again
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Your sideways pic reminded me of Jacek Jerka's stuff.
Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 2.52.29 PM.png
Locked Previous topicNext topic