My husband ruined us financially

Anonymous 1

Unread post

He went to the hospital a few weeks ago because he was having chest pain. Of course we were worried that it was a heart attack or something. It wasnt but instead was some stuff wrong with his digestive tract. They wanted him to try some new medications and do a few procedure to diagnose what was going on. They also wanted to put him on a cpap because he has sleep apena.

He decided to leave one of the nights AMA or against medical advice. He signed the paper and showed back up at home.

I was shocked and had no idea what happened. He let me believe that they ended up discharging him and it just took awhile for everything to get processed. That wasnt the case.

The insurance company wont cover any of his hospital stay because he left against medical advice and they are not required to. So that means that he now owes nearly $100,000 in medical bills.

I cant even look at him right now. He could have at least pushed for a discharge or put up with things until they did discharge him. I dont see how we come back from this. We cant afford those kinds of bills. He nonchalantly said that we can always file for bankruptcy like it is no big deal. I cant believe he is this stupid. I cant believe I am even with such an idiot. I just want to leave him honestly
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

wow I'd be pissed the f**k off. it sounds like something my SO would do.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I would call your state insurance commission right away and see if they can help you sort this out.
Ladyiq
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Why did he leave?
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1

Unread post

jas wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:28 am https://thehappyhospitalist.blogspot.co ... leave.html

Who is your insurance company?
It is a smaller local insurance company he gets through work. I didn't even know that not paying was a thing they could do. DH spent all yesterday trying to get is situated and nothing happened. We are waiting on the full itemized view to see what exactly is going on
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Ladyiq wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:26 am Why did he leave?
He was tired of being poked and bothered and they weren't going to have someone come talk to him about discharge until the next afternoon
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:23 am I would call your state insurance commission right away and see if they can help you sort this out.
I will look into that thank you
Anonymous 2

Unread post

That sucks I'm sorry. I'd be mad too! I almost left AMA one time but I totally could have fought the hospital and won.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Was he admitted?
Locked Previous topicNext topic