My husband ruined us financially

Anonymous 1

Unread post

leadfoot40 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:27 pm Was he admitted?
Yes. He was admitted to the floor after spending some time in the ER he was there for 2 days and one night before leaving
RedBottoms

Unread post

Never heard of that being a thing where if you leave AMA that insurance can refuse to pay
RedBottoms

Unread post

I would see about using mental issues as an excuse to get them to cover it. But he may have to agree he is suffering from depression or anxiety or something
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:33 pm Never heard of that being a thing where if you leave AMA that insurance can refuse to pay
Not only the link I posted, but every site I've seen says they will pay unless there's some kind of rider to the policy.
RedBottoms

Unread post

I think this is a troll fail. My DH works in the industry and he looked it up and yeah this is not a thing

Contrary to popular belief, we found no evidence that insurance denied payment for patients leaving AMA. Residency programs and hospitals should ensure that patients are not misinformed.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3378751/
Anonymous 1

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:37 pm I think this is a troll fail. My DH works in the industry and he looked it up and yeah this is not a thing

Contrary to popular belief, we found no evidence that insurance denied payment for patients leaving AMA. Residency programs and hospitals should ensure that patients are not misinformed.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3378751/
This isnt something the hospital told us.. this is directly from the insurance company.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

jas wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:36 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:33 pm Never heard of that being a thing where if you leave AMA that insurance can refuse to pay
Not only the link I posted, but every site I've seen says they will pay unless there's some kind of rider to the policy.
I honestly have no idea how his insurance is set up. It is separate from mine but he has always had problems with it and there has always been a lot of stuff they wouldnt cover

From the limited information we have now it seems like they are covering the ER visit but nothing after he was admitted.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You owe a lot but it's not like they want their cash money all at once. You can set up a payment plan and there are lots of programs that take care of some of the bill for you as well. I wouldn't consider that to be ruined financially because you can do a payment plan.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

https://thehappyhospitalist.blogspot.co ... leave.html

Medical necessity is the threshold for payment. If the services you have already received were medically necessary, whether you choose to stay or leave is irrelevant with regards to the services you have already received.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:47 pm You owe a lot but it's not like they want their cash money all at once. You can set up a payment plan and there are lots of programs that take care of some of the bill for you as well. I wouldn't consider that to be ruined financially because you can do a payment plan.
A hundred thousand dollars plus interest could very easily destroy them financially. It would take years to pay that off meanwhile your credit score takes a massive nose dive and your debt to income ratio goes way up. Making buying anything else almost impossible
Locked Previous topicNext topic