A topic for debate- Do you believe high schools should have daycares?

Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This was a debate in class yesterday. There are two schools in our district with daycare. They can be used by students or teachers. Teen parents can transfer to one of them and use the daycare. The students who use it give up an elective and half of their lunch and must work in the daycare. Teachers pay to use it which pays for the daycare employees.

There were people in my class who believe that teen parents shouldn’t go back to school. That just boggles my mind.
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I think they are a great idea so teen parents can stay in school
Anonymous 2

Unread post

No. I don’t believe in enabling bad decisions.
JulesFairy
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

My sister's high school had one. It was staffed by the high school kids who were in the education path and the college kids close by who were majoring in early childhood education. The cost was minimal, like $25 a week or something for supplies for snacks and such. But it was not for school aged kids, just 2-5 I think. I think any way idea that offers a stepping stone to those who need it is wonderful.
After all, adults make choices to work certain places because of childcare availability all the time,so it's not like we are setting them up with false expectations.
Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:49 am No. I don’t believe in enabling bad decisions.
These decisions are going to be made no matter what. Isn’t it better to allow these teens a way to finish school?
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:49 am No. I don’t believe in enabling bad decisions.
That's kind of stupid. The baby is already here, might as well find some way to make it work.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I just looked up my old high school. They have one now. I think it's a good idea.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

No. I believe this encourages pregnant teens to have their babies instead of aborting them or adopting them out. And I don’t believe teens should ever be parents.
Shaken1976 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:53 am
These decisions are going to be made no matter what. Isn’t it better to allow these teens a way to finish school?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

It isn't enabling. It making sure these kids finish school.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

That’s the responsibility of the teen who chose to have a baby. It should be factored in before deciding not to abort/adopt out.
jas wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:54 am
That's kind of stupid. The baby is already here, might as well find some way to make it work.
Locked Previous topicNext topic