A topic for debate- Do you believe high schools should have daycares?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:12 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:09 pm No form of bc is 100% effective and not everyone can or will have an abortion or be able to give a child up for adoption. I am pro choice, my kids are pro-lifen so if it had ever happened i would even attemp to force them. Nobody should be forced to have an abortion or to put a child up for adoption. Helping them if they chose to keep the baby is the best thing to do. So they can graduate and get out of poverty.

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:01 pm Or children could stop having babies they can’t take care of.
Birth control is easily accessible, the internet provides a ton of information on deterring pregnancy, parents are more open now than ever to talking with their children about pregnancy prevention, abortion (while not always easy to attain) exists, and there’s a waiting list a mile long for people who want to adopt newborns. There are very few reasons children should be becoming parents in this day and age. The last thing we should do is make it easier on them.

don't say "Can". They "Can" do adoption. They just won't.
That is why i said can or will. In many cases both parents have to agree. In my state the teens parents have to agree. And some people it would almost kill them to do that. Not physically but mentally.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:19 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:09 pm No form of bc is 100% effective and not everyone can or will have an abortion or be able to give a child up for adoption. I am pro choice, my kids are pro-lifen so if it had ever happened i would even attemp to force them. Nobody should be forced to have an abortion or to put a child up for adoption. Helping them if they chose to keep the baby is the best thing to do. So they can graduate and get out of poverty.

That is why i said can or will. In many cases both parents have to agree. In my state the teens parents have to agree. And some people it would almost kill them to do that. Not physically but mentally.
I give two shits about their feelings. If they were a good loving parent they would give their kid the best life and a better life and suck up their feelings because a parent puts their kid first-not themselves
Anonymous 1

Unread post

No i believe that they shouldn't be punished the rest of their life because they made a maitske as a teen. Once the child is here, it is here. You can put it back or return it. At that point all you can do is try to help them become independent members of society.

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:13 pm And that’s where we fundamentally disagree. I don’t believe is entitled to things they can’t pay for and take care of. You believe in entitlement.

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:01 pm Or children could stop having babies they can’t take care of.
Birth control is easily accessible, the internet provides a ton of information on deterring pregnancy, parents are more open now than ever to talking with their children about pregnancy prevention, abortion (while not always easy to attain) exists, and there’s a waiting list a mile long for people who want to adopt newborns. There are very few reasons children should be becoming parents in this day and age. The last thing we should do is make it easier on them.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:20 pm
I give two shits about their feelings. If they were a good loving parent they would give their kid the best life and a better life and suck up their feelings because a parent puts their kid first-not themselves
And this is why we disagree so much. Being a teen parents isn't a dearh sentence. Sometimes the kids are better off with their bio parents. Putting them up for adoption doesn't guarantee they'll get a good home.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

OK I'mma stop you right there. First of all Birth control is not as easily accessible as you think it is. Sure any one can walk into the store and buy condoms however for a woman to obtain birth control much less a TEEN, she needs the consent of her parents. She needs a method of payment (or insurance) There are facilities that help teens obtain this such as planned parenthood but "GASP" they are being defunded across the nation and many rural areas don't even have one. So that brings up a transportation issue for these teens on how to get to the healthcare clinic that would provide then not only healthcare screenings but access to affordable birth control. Hell, as a MARRIED adult woman I still needed my husband's consent for my doctor to put me on birth control. I'm a F***ing ADULT, I shouldn't need him to sign off on me getting birth control in any form regardless of he is primary for our medical insurance. It's not my husband's fault, it's the way our insurance and healthcare laws are written.
As ideal as it would be if parents were more open to talking to their kids about pregnancy prevention and protective measures the reality is that many parents simply do not. They expect kids to learn about it in school or the age old "Wait for marriage" and leave it at that. Schools can only teach so much about it because again legislation against learning certain subjects in school.
Abortion is harder and harder to obtain as many lawmakers and states are working to eliminate abortion for any reason, even medical necessity. So unless you are suggesting rudimentary and dangerous methods that are opt to cause the mother her life due to infection I'm not sure how you can even laughingly suggest abortion is attainable for many teens. Let's not forget the legislation against clinics that would perform abortions safely.
As for the wait list for people waiting to adopt, clearly you are ignorant about the state of our nation's Foster care system. Or maybe it is because all those loving parents want "newborns" and not children which just further shows that they are not pro-life, simply pro-birth.
There are MANY reasons why children are becoming parents. Few may seem acceptable to them but our best measure to drop those numbers in the future is assist those in that predicament now and EDUCATE THEM properly so they have the tools needed to learn from their mistakes and raise their children with knowledge they themselves were lacking. Education is the key, not ignorance and punishment.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:56 pm And if there were stuff in place like daycare at schools some of that may change . In order to go to college you have to first graduate high school in order to get out of poverty you have an education . Your data only proves why stuff like daycare at schools is needed.

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:45 pm I don’t need to have been a pregnant teen in order to have an opinion about pregnant teens. I can look at data. Would you like to see some?

Less than 2% of all teen mothers earn a college degree by age 30.
Only 20% of teen mothers marry their baby’s father.
2/3rds of all teen moms are at or below the federal poverty level.

There are many more. And I have credible citations for all of them.

RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:24 pm
And this is why we disagree so much. Being a teen parents isn't a dearh sentence. Sometimes the kids are better off with their bio parents. Putting them up for adoption doesn't guarantee they'll get a good home.
and look at OG Teen Mom show-that child absolutely was better off being adopted than with Catelynn and Tyler. The grandparents were drunks and fighting and in and out of jail and Cate and Ty had no job and no money. The baby went to a nice family with educations and a big nice house and they had a loving extended family and all that. So yeah of course that baby was better off being adopted out
Anonymous 1

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:30 pm
and look at OG Teen Mom show-that child absolutely was better off being adopted than with Catelynn and Tyler. The grandparents were drunks and fighting and in and out of jail and Cate and Ty had no job and no money. The baby went to a nice family with educations and a big nice house and they had a loving extended family and all that. So yeah of course that baby was better off being adopted out
And there have been cases where kids have been terribly abused and neglected by adoptive parents or not wanted at all once they have a bio kid.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

I fully support the idea. Here we have a half day school and half day parenting/independent living school. Half the day the teens (mothers and fathers) go to regular classes with babies in daycare. The other half of the day is spent in parenting classes, financial management, and basic living skills courses. It helps set them up for succesful lives and parenting. Ive taught couponing and cooking classes there as a volunteer. Its an amazing program.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:33 pm
And there have been cases where kids have been terribly abused and neglected by adoptive parents or not wanted at all once they have a bio kid.
has the happened? Sure. But everyone I know that adopted a kid or is adopted LOVED their life or spoils the shit out of the adopted kid
Anonymous 1

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:35 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:33 pm

has the happened? Sure. But everyone I know that adopted a kid or is adopted LOVED their life or spoils the shit out of the adopted kid
But it does happen a lot and sometimes adoption isn't the best option
Locked Previous topicNext topic