A topic for debate- Do you believe high schools should have daycares?

Anonymous 10

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:01 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:57 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:54 pm

Are internationally adopted children at risk of violence in their adopted homes? Data overwhelmingly contradict the accusation that American adoptive parents are likely to abuse their children. According to the Christian Science Monitor, out of approximately 60,000 adoptions from Russia to the U.S. over a period of about 20 years, there have been 19 confirmed cases of death due to abuse or neglect. While clearly any child’s death is terrible, especially when due to abuse, these statistics indicate a death-by-abuse rate of 0.03% among Russian children adopted by Americans. Meanwhile, the same source reports 1,220 deaths due to abuse among the 170,000 adoptions of Russian children by Russian parents, a rate of 0.72%. According to these statistics, although abuse rates are low for both groups, an adopted Russian child is almost 25 times more likely to die at the hands of an adoptive Russian family than an adoptive American family.

That is pretty rare according to this stat
All because it isn't reported doesnt mean it doesn't happen m sometimes it takes years for the abusie to come out.
So no stats. No citations. Just you running your opinions off?

She's right that adopted children can be abused. It happens.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Entitlement. You believe people should have what they are unable to pay for and take care of. Just admit it.

And A mistake is getting pregnant as a child. It’s a whole other mistake to keep a baby you can’t take care of.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:22 pm No i believe that they shouldn't be punished the rest of their life because they made a maitske as a teen. Once the child is here, it is here. You can put it back or return it. At that point all you can do is try to help them become independent members of society.

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:13 pm And that’s where we fundamentally disagree. I don’t believe is entitled to things they can’t pay for and take care of. You believe in entitlement.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:09 pm No form of bc is 100% effective and not everyone can or will have an abortion or be able to give a child up for adoption. I am pro choice, my kids are pro-lifen so if it had ever happened i would even attemp to force them. Nobody should be forced to have an abortion or to put a child up for adoption. Helping them if they chose to keep the baby is the best thing to do. So they can graduate and get out of poverty.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Are internationally adopted children at risk of violence in their adopted homes? Data overwhelmingly contradict the accusation that American adoptive parents are likely to abuse their children. According to the Christian Science Monitor, out of approximately 60,000 adoptions from Russia to the U.S. over a period of about 20 years, there have been 19 confirmed cases of death due to abuse or neglect. While clearly any child’s death is terrible, especially when due to abuse, these statistics indicate a death-by-abuse rate of 0.03% among Russian children adopted by Americans. Meanwhile, the same source reports 1,220 deaths due to abuse among the 170,000 adoptions of Russian children by Russian parents, a rate of 0.72%. According to these statistics, although abuse rates are low for both groups, an adopted Russian child is almost 25 times more likely to die at the hands of an adoptive Russian family than an adoptive American family.

All because it isn't reported doesnt mean it doesn't happen m sometimes it takes years for the abusie to come out.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/starved-at ... 3-05-2004/

https://wgno.com/2019/03/21/mom-charged ... o-go-away/

I can find more if you like
Anonymous 1

Unread post

It isn't entitlement and all because tjeuy made a mistake shouldn't keep their childm many teen mom grow up go he excellent parents. Wiith the right support they can do greatm which is why programs like this are needed

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:05 pm Entitlement. You believe people should have what they are unable to pay for and take care of. Just admit it.

And A mistake is getting pregnant as a child. It’s a whole other mistake to keep a baby you can’t take care of.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:22 pm No i believe that they shouldn't be punished the rest of their life because they made a maitske as a teen. Once the child is here, it is here. You can put it back or return it. At that point all you can do is try to help them become independent members of society.

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:13 pm And that’s where we fundamentally disagree. I don’t believe is entitled to things they can’t pay for and take care of. You believe in entitlement.

RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:08 pm

I would like overall stats please

Actual bio parents kill their kids too
Anonymous 1

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:20 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:08 pm

I would like overall stats please

Actual bio parents kill their kids too
Yes bio parents kill their kids but not loving bio parents and i dont think being a young teen mom is good enough reason to take that chance if you want to keep your child.
Sats don't prove nothing . These links are real stories not some state that people made up
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I 100% agree that education is key. Besides that, you didn’t read my comments very clearly.

It varies by state, but in a large portion of the US, parental consent is not needed for BC (21 states and DC, plus 25 states with certain conditions).

Your next point, about teens needing transportation, payment, insurance, etc. just proves that if they can’t access those things, they’re not ready to be parents.

I said “parents are more open now than ever about talking with their teens about pregnancy prevention”. Do you disagree? And then I also mentioned the internet, which has easy access to prevention information if your parents won’t discuss it with you.

I specifically said abortion is not always easy to attain, but it is in many places. Even if difficult, obtaining one is a lot easier than becoming a parent.

I also specifically said the waitlist to adopt a newborn is a mile long. Did you misread?

Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:27 pm OK I'mma stop you right there. First of all Birth control is not as easily accessible as you think it is. Sure any one can walk into the store and buy condoms however for a woman to obtain birth control much less a TEEN, she needs the consent of her parents. She needs a method of payment (or insurance) There are facilities that help teens obtain this such as planned parenthood but "GASP" they are being defunded across the nation and many rural areas don't even have one. So that brings up a transportation issue for these teens on how to get to the healthcare clinic that would provide then not only healthcare screenings but access to affordable birth control. Hell, as a MARRIED adult woman I still needed my husband's consent for my doctor to put me on birth control. I'm a F***ing ADULT, I shouldn't need him to sign off on me getting birth control in any form regardless of he is primary for our medical insurance. It's not my husband's fault, it's the way our insurance and healthcare laws are written.
As ideal as it would be if parents were more open to talking to their kids about pregnancy prevention and protective measures the reality is that many parents simply do not. They expect kids to learn about it in school or the age old "Wait for marriage" and leave it at that. Schools can only teach so much about it because again legislation against learning certain subjects in school.
Abortion is harder and harder to obtain as many lawmakers and states are working to eliminate abortion for any reason, even medical necessity. So unless you are suggesting rudimentary and dangerous methods that are opt to cause the mother her life due to infection I'm not sure how you can even laughingly suggest abortion is attainable for many teens. Let's not forget the legislation against clinics that would perform abortions safely.
As for the wait list for people waiting to adopt, clearly you are ignorant about the state of our nation's Foster care system. Or maybe it is because all those loving parents want "newborns" and not children which just further shows that they are not pro-life, simply pro-birth.
There are MANY reasons why children are becoming parents. Few may seem acceptable to them but our best measure to drop those numbers in the future is assist those in that predicament now and EDUCATE THEM properly so they have the tools needed to learn from their mistakes and raise their children with knowledge they themselves were lacking. Education is the key, not ignorance and punishment.

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:01 pm Or children could stop having babies they can’t take care of.
Birth control is easily accessible, the internet provides a ton of information on deterring pregnancy, parents are more open now than ever to talking with their children about pregnancy prevention, abortion (while not always easy to attain) exists, and there’s a waiting list a mile long for people who want to adopt newborns. There are very few reasons children should be becoming parents in this day and age. The last thing we should do is make it easier on them.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:56 pm And if there were stuff in place like daycare at schools some of that may change . In order to go to college you have to first graduate high school in order to get out of poverty you have an education . Your data only proves why stuff like daycare at schools is needed.

Anonymous 2

Unread post

Prove it.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:45 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:38 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:37 pm
But it does happen a lot and sometimes adoption isn't the best option
RARELY
No it isn't rarely.
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:26 am
MysticDreamer wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:12 am One of my big pushes for teen moms is to stay in school, as it affords them a better opportunity in life as far as financial and educational opportunities to make a better life for themselves and their child. Like it or not. Believe it or not, abortion and adoption is not something everybody can or want to do. So, putting in a daycare for both students and teachers is a good idea.
anyone can do abortion or adoption one or the other.
Well that I disagree with. I was with you until now. SOME people don't think of their children as old toys easily thrown in the garbage or given away. So no, not everyone can do either of those options without severe mental consequences.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

But, but, she SEEN the news!
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:52 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:45 pm

stats please. CItation needed.
I seen the news about ot happening and i know someone who put their kid up for adoption and the adopted parent poison her.. i happens and it isn't rarely.

Locked Previous topicNext topic