The Abortion Debate......why can’t it ever involve common sense?

RedBottoms

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:05 am
Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:36 am There’s no such thing as proving something doesn’t exist. Logic 101. B05BF090-880F-410C-B109-E9DE1DA1FDB2.jpeg
Valentina327 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:54 am

How do you prove his absence?
We believe in Him just as you believe that your husband/parents/children/dog loves you. There is no physical manifestation, nothing you can see and touch, nothing to show and you have no way to prove it to an outsider.

Why do you believe that people love you where there is zero proof?

Faith 101
If God loves me he has a weird way of showing it. Killing my first two babies. Letting them die. Making me very infertile so I had to go through all kinds of heartbreak and hoops to have kids. That is not how you show someone you love them
Anonymous 5

Unread post

That’s not proof and love is conceptual. You can’t prove you love anything. For example, in your eyes, I may not love my child if I don’t tell him that I love him often enough, but I may disagree. Or I may think you don’t love your child if you don’t kiss him enough. It’s subjective.

There’s zero proof any deity exists. It’s purely faith. Faith and proof aren’t synonyms.
Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:36 am There’s no such thing as proving something doesn’t exist. Logic 101. B05BF090-880F-410C-B109-E9DE1DA1FDB2.jpeg
Valentina327 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:54 am

How do you prove his absence?
We believe in Him just as you believe that your husband/parents/children/dog loves you. There is no physical manifestation, nothing you can see and touch, nothing to show and you have no way to prove it to an outsider.

Faith 101
HaggardWitch
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I'm going to save everyone a lot of time: stop applying logic to sexuality (because S*x is a huge part of the abortion debate). Those functions occur in different parts of the brain.

"Abortion: to have or not to have" is a feeling, not common sense. Commom sense would be "I want to have S*x without getting pregnant, so I will use birth control." In the event of birth control failure, it goes to feelings.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:40 am

Faith 101
If God loves me he has a weird way of showing it. Killing my first two babies. Letting them die. Making me very infertile so I had to go through all kinds of heartbreak and hoops to have kids. That is not how you show someone you love them
We're all part of a mass of other people in the universe. Things happen to us that necessarily aren't directly for us - there are things we experience because we're part of another soul's growth or life lessons. Something happens to us so that someone we're associated with might learn. Our personal tragedy triggers something for another.

Why did my mother have to rot from Alzheimer's for years? She was a beautiful, warm soul. She did nothing to deserve this, but her illness impacted many other people. All of us in her immediate family derived many life lessons from this. We advanced as people and strengthened spiritually. We have a couple of nurses that learned some things from caring for her also. Her legacy is leaving behind a ripple impact for the better.

If you believe that we pick our destiny before we come down, kind of like a course catalog in college, part of that is that we choose some hardships we experience in addition to the blessings. We choose that for our own growth and sometimes to be a sacrifice for others, to help their soul's growth. Sacrificing perfects our soul also. Kind of like cosmic points. LOL

He's our Heavenly Father. As a parent, you know that sometimes your children have hard lessons in life to learn. It hurts some at the time, but they're better for it in the end. Like any parent, He makes sure we learn our hard lessons.

You ended up with your twins, so your prayers were answered. We don't always get the answers to our prayers in a direct route, or in a way that makes sense to us.

I'll tell you honestly, I'd much rather struggle here in this earth school and be able to have paradise for eternity.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:44 am That’s not proof and love is conceptual. You can’t prove you love anything. For example, in your eyes, I may not love my child if I don’t tell him that I love him often enough, but I may disagree. Or I may think you don’t love your child if you don’t kiss him enough. It’s subjective.

There’s zero proof any deity exists. It’s purely faith. Faith and proof aren’t synonyms.

Faith 101
Exactly
Same thing with faith
You can't prove love
You can't prove Him
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Exactly. So there’s a very good chance there may be no deities.

Valentina327 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:03 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:44 am That’s not proof and love is conceptual. You can’t prove you love anything. For example, in your eyes, I may not love my child if I don’t tell him that I love him often enough, but I may disagree. Or I may think you don’t love your child if you don’t kiss him enough. It’s subjective.

Faith 101
Exactly
Same thing with faith
You can't prove love
You can't prove Him
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, it may be common sense for you, but for others, it’s not. Because your rights go as far as harming others and while you may believe that a developing life is worthless, not everyone agrees with that assessment and so a woman doesn’t have all of her “rights” when that affects the life developing inside her. After all, you wouldn’t just say that an alcoholic and drug addict pregnant woman has a right to her “bodily autonomy” and can drink and get drugged to her heart’s content, I hope.
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:02 am Commonsense would be to realize if it ain't your uterus, you ain't got a say so it ain't none of your business. Commonsense would mean that every woman would be able to peaceably decide what is right for her and if terminating her pregnancy is the right thing then she would be able to get an abortion easily and quickly without jumping through any hoops or any unnecessary vaginal probes or nosy busybodies who don't even know her sticking their noses where they're not wanted.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 9

Unread post

And there’s a very good chance there is.
So that’s a moot point to determine what’s “common sense”.
Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:12 pm Exactly. So there’s a very good chance there may be no deities.

Valentina327 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:03 pm

Exactly
Same thing with faith
You can't prove love
You can't prove Him
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The same goes for the belief that there is no deity. It’s purely faith.

ETA: Sorry, I guess I accidentally clicked the anonymous button. I’m anonymous 9. Sorry!

Faith 101
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

See how this conversation started as "Why can't the abortion debate ever involve common sense" and divulged into a disagreement of religious beliefs? THAT IS WHY. Because there is no common sense in regards to dictating your PERSONAL religious beliefs as applicable to everyone else. Take religious reasoning OUT of the abortion debate and only then can common sense can enter.
Locked Previous topicNext topic