The Abortion Debate......why can’t it ever involve common sense?

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My parents lost 2 babies to a genetic disease before they turned 2. 8 months ago they lost my 49 year old brother to cancer. The “miracle” that was born without that disease.
They still believe in a loving and caring G-d.
Now, I’m not going to lecture you into doing that, that’s your free will and prerogative, and no one should judge you for your feelings. But you also shouldn’t try to convince a person who does believe in a loving G-d that that’s not true because of your own experiences.
RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:40 am
Valentina327 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:05 am
Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:36 am There’s no such thing as proving something doesn’t exist. Logic 101. B05BF090-880F-410C-B109-E9DE1DA1FDB2.jpeg

We believe in Him just as you believe that your husband/parents/children/dog loves you. There is no physical manifestation, nothing you can see and touch, nothing to show and you have no way to prove it to an outsider.

Why do you believe that people love you where there is zero proof?

Faith 101
If God loves me he has a weird way of showing it. Killing my first two babies. Letting them die. Making me very infertile so I had to go through all kinds of heartbreak and hoops to have kids. That is not how you show someone you love them
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
RedBottoms

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:40 pm My parents lost 2 babies to a genetic disease before they turned 2. 8 months ago they lost my 49 year old brother to cancer. The “miracle” that was born without that disease.
Now, I’m not going to lecture you into doing that, that’s your free will and prerogative, and no one should judge you for your feelings. But you also shouldn’t try to convince a person who does believe in a loving G-d that that’s not true because of your own experiences.

We believe in Him just as you believe that your husband/parents/children/dog loves you. There is no physical manifestation, nothing you can see and touch, nothing to show and you have no way to prove it to an outsider.

Faith 101
If God loves me he has a weird way of showing it. Killing my first two babies. Letting them die. Making me very infertile so I had to go through all kinds of heartbreak and hoops to have kids. That is not how you show someone you love them
If they are secure in their faith-my lack there of should not matter a lick
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Of course it shouldn’t.
But it goes both ways. If you’re certain and secure in your lack of belief then someone talking about a loving G-d shouldn’t matter to you enough to make it a point to reply to that.
But TBH... the fact that you felt the need to reply to that comment explaining why you have those feelings shows that maybe on some level you’re not that certain of them.
On the other hand, well... you do have a knack for turning posts into becoming about you, so that may be it.
RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:46 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:40 pm My parents lost 2 babies to a genetic disease before they turned 2. 8 months ago they lost my 49 year old brother to cancer. The “miracle” that was born without that disease.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Yogamom55
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:51 am I am pro choice, not half way, completely pro choice.

I will not tell anyone else what to do with their body, because I damn sure don't want anyone telling me what to do with mine.
This
Anonymous 8

Unread post

If you were solid in your lack of faith people talking about their faith wouldn't bother you.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

She's not doing any of that. She is explaining why she doesn't believe. You're brow-beating her because she doesn't believe. This is why religion should be personal and private.

Faith 101
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:25 pm

If you were solid in your lack of faith people talking about their faith wouldn't bother you.
I wasn't bothered
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’m confused... didn’t I say that no one should criticize or judge her for her feelings?
Why was there a need to explain why she doesn’t believe in a loving G-d if no one addressed her in any way and that really wasn’t the topic of this post?
If anything, SHE was the one brow-beating because someone mentioned a loving G-d and it rubbed her the wrong way. And maybe this is why religion OR LACK OF IT, should remain private. But I can honestly say that I’M NOT the one who brought religion into this discussion.
But, as I said, this is probably just Red making a post about herself and her woes once again...
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:32 pm She's not doing any of that. She is explaining why she doesn't believe. You're brow-beating her because she doesn't believe. This is why religion should be personal and private.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

But isn’t it ironic that the one that introduced religion into the discussion is the one that claims not to even believe in G-d? It wasn’t the religious ladies who turned this post in that direction. Maybe if that anonymous Atheist/Agnostic hadn’t tried to make her beliefs the only ones with “common sense”, religion wouldn’t even be a topic here.
Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:38 pm See how this conversation started as "Why can't the abortion debate ever involve common sense" and divulged into a disagreement of religious beliefs? THAT IS WHY. Because there is no common sense in regards to dictating your PERSONAL religious beliefs as applicable to everyone else. Take religious reasoning OUT of the abortion debate and only then can common sense can enter.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

And you were all too happy to engage her in order to try to validate your beliefs and then engaged other people in the same discussion only to try to further that validation.
There can be no common sense approach to abortion as long as people keep trying to bring theology into it. Your religious beliefs should have no bearing on another woman's uterus.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:38 pm But isn’t it ironic that the one that introduced religion into the discussion is the one that claims not to even believe in G-d? It wasn’t the religious ladies who turned this post in that direction. Maybe if that anonymous Atheist/Agnostic hadn’t tried to make her beliefs the only ones with “common sense”, religion wouldn’t even be a topic here.
Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:38 pm See how this conversation started as "Why can't the abortion debate ever involve common sense" and divulged into a disagreement of religious beliefs? THAT IS WHY. Because there is no common sense in regards to dictating your PERSONAL religious beliefs as applicable to everyone else. Take religious reasoning OUT of the abortion debate and only then can common sense can enter.
Locked Previous topicNext topic