Any alternative other then giving him up.

Anonymous 7

Unread post

Well if you have the money ,hire someone to take care of the dog.

I am actually a dog nanny, lol I get paid $40/night to keep the dog. She's been here almost the whole month of April, she only went home for a week. We have walked about 150 miles just this month alone.
RedBottoms

Unread post

You are terrible dog owners. Dogs have to be walked at least twice a day especially a big dog. You have to devote hours of your life to training when you first get a dog. For the first 6 months after we got this dog I pretty much did nothing but train him and really work with him.

I would tell DH either start doing more with the dog or you are rehoming him.

A tired dog is a good dog. WALKS!
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:12 am
LuckyEightWow wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:24 pm
Pjmm wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:19 pm

Okay but some people don't want a dog, cat or whatever. It's one thing if it's the kids pet. Then one might expect to take up the slack. But its her dh and I see her point. But I have an older cat instead of a dog for a reason. The worse I get from her is meowing and hairball puked on my carpet. But I don't have to walk her, train her or litter box train her. And i like it that way. I like dogs- when they're someone else's. If that's how op feels it's only right dh, who wanted the dog, takes more responsibility.
I agree that her husband needs to step up since it’s his dog, but allowing pregnancy and kids as a reason she doesn’t step up herself is bull. She had to at least agree to the dog, and I’m sure her husbands behavior isn’t new so on some level she had to understand what could potentially happen.

(The dog should be rehomed so it can be treated the way it deserves to be treated)
There is some truth here yes I agree only that he takes on most of the responsibilities. Which he didnt and that's my fault not seeing it would all fall on me. But ffs at least brush him. To be honest I don't want to miss out on being either my kids because I need to legit drive somewhere else to walk him we have a small backyard and he is a 90 pound shepherd theres no room for him to get the excersize and mental stimulation he deserves and needs.
Why on Earth did you get a big dog that needs lots of exercise if you are not going to walk it and only have a small yard? You should have gotten a small breed instead
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:07 pm Do you not have a yard he can run around in and play with the kids?
I do but it's too small for the dog to actually get un the excersize he needs hes three and spent his whole life in a kennel for the first year and a half of his life from his previous owner. The front yard is huge but it's not fenced in yet, I may not be the biggest animal person but I dont want him to get hit by a car.....
Anonymous 1

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:25 am You are terrible dog owners. Dogs have to be walked at least twice a day especially a big dog. You have to devote hours of your life to training when you first get a dog. For the first 6 months after we got this dog I pretty much did nothing but train him and really work with him.

I would tell DH either start doing more with the dog or you are rehoming him.

A tired dog is a good dog. WALKS!
I'm hoping for more walks when ...
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:19 am Well if you have the money ,hire someone to take care of the dog.

I am actually a dog nanny, lol I get paid $40/night to keep the dog. She's been here almost the whole month of April, she only went home for a week. We have walked about 150 miles just this month alone.
I'm seriously considering it ......
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:35 am
Fullxbusymom wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:07 pm Do you not have a yard he can run around in and play with the kids?
I do but it's too small for the dog to actually get un the excersize he needs hes three and spent his whole life in a kennel for the first year and a half of his life from his previous owner.
Playing in the yard is not enough for most dogs . Most dogs and especially the type you have require long brisk walks or jogs daily
Anonymous 1

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:39 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:35 am
I do but it's too small for the dog to actually get un the excersize he needs hes three and spent his whole life in a kennel for the first year and a half of his life from his previous owner.
Playing in the yard is not enough for most dogs . Most dogs and especially the type you have require long brisk walks or jogs daily
Which is what my husband should be doing.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Your husband brought the dog into the house, he needs to take care of it. It's not fair that he puts it all on you. Tell him he either starts taking care of it, or you're going to find it a new home.

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If you would TRAIN the dog he wouldn't be an asshole as you so lovingly put it. All of what you name as him being an "asshole" can be eradicated by teaching him.

I don't know why people think dogs are just born knowing people rules - don't eat off the table, don't sit on thefurniture. You have to train your children, don't you? You have to teach them not to do all of the gross things children naturally do. A dog is no different than a small child.

Since neither of you seem to get this simple concept, release the poor creature to people that will love him, train him, and appreciate him.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic