Any alternative other then giving him up.

Anonymous 4

Unread post

Ide rehome my husband if he was that lazy, like in the dog house outside with the dog. He took on the responsibility of the dog now he needs to man up and take care of the dog.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I’ve raised/raising 8 kids, we’ve always had dogs, cats and plethora of other animals, that often fell/falls on me....and damned if no one was ever neglected. It’s not that complicated.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LuckyEightWow wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:12 pm I’ve raised/raising 8 kids, we’ve always had dogs, cats and plethora of other animals, that often fell/falls on me....and damned if no one was ever neglected. It’s not that complicated.
Okay but some people don't want a dog, cat or whatever. It's one thing if it's the kids pet. Then one might expect to take up the slack. But its her dh and I see her point. But I have an older cat instead of a dog for a reason. The worse I get from her is meowing and hairball puked on my carpet. But I don't have to walk her, train her or litter box train her. And i like it that way. I like dogs- when they're someone else's. If that's how op feels it's only right dh, who wanted the dog, takes more responsibility.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:19 pm
LuckyEightWow wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:12 pm I’ve raised/raising 8 kids, we’ve always had dogs, cats and plethora of other animals, that often fell/falls on me....and damned if no one was ever neglected. It’s not that complicated.
Okay but some people don't want a dog, cat or whatever. It's one thing if it's the kids pet. Then one might expect to take up the slack. But its her dh and I see her point. But I have an older cat instead of a dog for a reason. The worse I get from her is meowing and hairball puked on my carpet. But I don't have to walk her, train her or litter box train her. And i like it that way. I like dogs- when they're someone else's. If that's how op feels it's only right dh, who wanted the dog, takes more responsibility.
I agree that her husband needs to step up since it’s his dog, but allowing pregnancy and kids as a reason she doesn’t step up herself is bull. She had to at least agree to the dog, and I’m sure her husbands behavior isn’t new so on some level she had to understand what could potentially happen.

(The dog should be rehomed so it can be treated the way it deserves to be treated)
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:28 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:21 pm I'd rehome the dog. It's not fair to you that you have to take care of it and the actual owner neglects it. I'd also tell him that he's the reason the dog got rehomed and that he had better not bring home another one. I'd also might consider a divorce. Your husband sounds like a loser.
Divorce over this is a bit dramatic lol but rehoming the dog might be my only option here.
I don't think divorcing a lazy heartless jackass is drastic.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LuckyEightWow wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:24 pm
I agree that her husband needs to step up since it’s his dog, but allowing pregnancy and kids as a reason she doesn’t step up herself is bull. She had to at least agree to the dog, and I’m sure her husbands behavior isn’t new so on some level she had to understand what could potentially happen.

(The dog should be rehomed so it can be treated the way it deserves to be treated)
I will say if the kids were old enough- mine weren't strong enough to walk our large dog- I'd get them to help out. They can certainly play with it and walk it. And I walked our dog when pregnant. But she could be overwhelmed and not feeling well in her final months. Someone should help out. And I agree the dog should be treated properly or rehomed.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Do you not have a yard he can run around in and play with the kids?
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I have 2 dogs . One i didn't wabt3 dd brought it home. I told her she brings anymore home they go to the pound
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:01 pm Rehome the dog. How are you going to handle all this with a new baby?
I dont know....
Anonymous 1

Unread post

LuckyEightWow wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:24 pm

There is some truth here yes I agree only that he takes on most of the responsibilities. Which he didnt and that's my fault not seeing it would all fall on me. But ffs at least brush him. To be honest I don't want to miss out on being either my kids because I need to legit drive somewhere else to walk him we have a small backyard and he is a 90 pound shepherd theres no room for him to get the excersize and mental stimulation he deserves and needs.
Locked Previous topicNext topic