Any alternative other then giving him up.

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:09 pm Ide rehome my husband if he was that lazy, like in the dog house outside with the dog. He took on the responsibility of the dog now he needs to man up and take care of the dog.
LMAO
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:35 am
Fullxbusymom wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:07 pm Do you not have a yard he can run around in and play with the kids?
I do but it's too small for the dog to actually get un the excersize he needs hes three and spent his whole life in a kennel for the first year and a half of his life from his previous owner. The front yard is huge but it's not fenced in yet, I may not be the biggest animal person but I dont want him to get hit by a car.....
Could you install a large lead/runner that keeps him off the street but enough room to run around with the kids.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

why isn't rehoming the dog an option? it sounds like you're a sahm and he works during the day, i'd just get rid of it while he's a work.

"it's easier to ask for forgiveness then beg for permission"
Anonymous 1

Unread post

mojogirl wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:25 am why isn't rehoming the dog an option? it sounds like you're a sahm and he works during the day, i'd just get rid of it while he's a work.

"it's easier to ask for forgiveness then beg for permission"
Hhahahaha omg he would kill me I'd like to make a last ditch effort and hope for the best before we give him up. My husband can absolutely do more with him but at the same time it doesnt exempt me from all dog duties . I think we need to work together and I need to let go of some of the resentment i feel being the caretaker of the dog and then if things dont improve I'm rehoming him.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:53 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:35 am
Fullxbusymom wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:07 pm Do you not have a yard he can run around in and play with the kids?
I do but it's too small for the dog to actually get un the excersize he needs hes three and spent his whole life in a kennel for the first year and a half of his life from his previous owner. The front yard is huge but it's not fenced in yet, I may not be the biggest animal person but I dont want him to get hit by a car.....
Could you install a large lead/runner that keeps him off the street but enough room to run around with the kids.
We agreed we would get an electric fence for the front yard it's big but I dont want to chance him running away or getting hit by a car. It's an improvement.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:36 am If you would TRAIN the dog he wouldn't be an asshole as you so lovingly put it. All of what you name as him being an "asshole" can be eradicated by teaching him.

I don't know why people think dogs are just born knowing people rules - don't eat off the table, don't sit on thefurniture. You have to train your children, don't you? You have to teach them not to do all of the gross things children naturally do. A dog is no different than a small child.

Since neither of you seem to get this simple concept, release the poor creature to people that will love him, train him, and appreciate him.

Lmao exactly my point I have two young kids with one on the way I'm 9 months pregnant and dont have a lot of time to train a dog. My husband wants the dog he can train him.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

There are plenty of alternatives. Hire a dog walker, hire a dog trainer or take the dog to training classes, etc. etc. Whether the options are feasible for you or whether you want to make that commitment is another matter. If neither you nor your husband want to make that commitment to the dog to ensure it gets walks and is trained properly than you should find a better home for it. Pets are not fashion accessories or toys.
Anonymous2.0
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

How old are the kids? Our whole family, kids included, have chores when it comes to the dog. Maybe they can pitch in?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous2.0 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:12 pm How old are the kids? Our whole family, kids included, have chores when it comes to the dog. Maybe they can pitch in?
2 and 4 I'm pretty sure the dog would drag them lol.
Anonymous2.0
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:42 pm
Anonymous2.0 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:12 pm How old are the kids? Our whole family, kids included, have chores when it comes to the dog. Maybe they can pitch in?
2 and 4 I'm pretty sure the dog would drag them lol.
They could help brush him, feed and water him, throw a toy for him.
Locked Previous topicNext topic