Birthday traditions?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My daughter is also known for her birthday parties. She has these huge sleepovers that all of her friends come to and its exhausting lol. Thankfully I'm used to large groups of kids. We usually do a craft, cake and gifts, dinner, breakfast, and games. Food is my only large expense other than that its surprisingly affordable.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We don't do parties either so the kids just pick what they want to do and where they want to eat. My stepson actually turns 7 today.
RedBottoms

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:43 pm We don't do parties either so the kids just pick what they want to do and where they want to eat. My stepson actually turns 7 today.
no parties ever? why?
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We no longer do parties as they do not want them. They would rather just have a few friends over order in pizza and binge watch movies. We go out as a family one day close to the birthday. My oldest is born Feb 14th, so of course we have never been out on her actual birthday as it is a zoo. On their actually birthday they get to pick the dinner of their choice and we also have a cake of their choice.
CrazyJenn
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My girls are too old for parties anymore. They pick a dinner they want and we do that.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:48 pm
carterscutie85 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:43 pm We don't do parties either so the kids just pick what they want to do and where they want to eat. My stepson actually turns 7 today.
no parties ever? why?
We got tired of inviting people and them showing up to eat and not bringing presents. I know it's not about gifts but that kept happening so we said screw it. It seemed like we were just inviting people over to eat and that was it.

I will do one for the baby for his first birthday because that's special but after that probably not.
RedBottoms

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:23 pm
no parties ever? why?
We got tired of inviting people and them showing up to eat and not bringing presents. I know it's not about gifts but that kept happening so we said screw it. It seemed like we were just inviting people over to eat and that was it.

I will do one for the baby for his first birthday because that's special but after that probably not.
were you just inviting family or were these their school friends?
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:31 pm

no parties ever? why?

At the time it was just family since the kids were little. It would probably be different now but the kids have never expressed wanting an actual party.
RedBottoms

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:40 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:31 pm

At the time it was just family since the kids were little. It would probably be different now but the kids have never expressed wanting an actual party.
Family parties suck. I have never done a family party. I just have done friends parties and the kids lOVE them. I would let him have one now that he is in school.
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Kayelynnesmommy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:00 am
Emandab wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:47 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:47 pm You post anon a lot, eh? I’ve never once seen your name but you’ve made a lot of comments.

I'm pretty sure she just changed her screen name, could have sworn it said it was by kendallsmom? or someone else with a familiar sn earlier.
I haven’t changed my name I was kayelynnesmommy on cafemom too I just don’t make many post.
Weird! I could have sworn I saw the post change names. Maybe since it's similar to the one I mentioned I just misread.🤷
Locked Previous topicNext topic