Birthday traditions?

Anonymous 2

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:59 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:53 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:28 pm Due to when my kids birthday falls we often don't do anything on the actual day. Because the actual day is sometimes during recital time or on a school day or on Mother's day etc. But we do something special at some point.

I actually bought a balloon drop release thing to do for them this year if I can get that to work lol

The thing where you stand under it and pull a release and balloons are supposed to rain down. If I can figure out how to do that-we are going to do that
Prioritizing another holiday over a birthday? So it's only wrong to do when it's YOUR birthday?
Considering I do the super expensive PInterest birthday parties that run almost $1000-they never complain. This year they got to take all their friends to Dollywood for their birthday. We already did it .
So yes, it's only wrong when it's your birthday and no one falls to your feet and worships you extensively. Figured as much.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:04 pm

Prioritizing another holiday over a birthday? So it's only wrong to do when it's YOUR birthday?
Considering I do the super expensive PInterest birthday parties that run almost $1000-they never complain. This year they got to take all their friends to Dollywood for their birthday. We already did it .
So yes, it's only wrong when it's your birthday and no one falls to your feet and worships you extensively. Figured as much.
Considering their birthday this year falls on a school day , no we are not cutting school to do something. We will probably go out to dinner that evening and get a cake. They already had their friend celebration
Spookly
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Nope, just birthday parties. And they get to decide dinner that day, I guess.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Its rude anons like you that start the RB shit show by making stupid ass replies like this. Then after she defends herself, then the rest of aholes jump on the RB handwagon to give her shit for hijacking a post whens 9 times out of10, the anons start the shit show
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

When they were younger, we would have a huge bday party for them either at home or a kids venue.. Now they prefer to have friends go with us to a favorite restaurant,amusement or a swim park.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I agree with you. But to not hijack this poster's topic, maybe start another topic?

Anonymous 4

Unread post

Just cake, family, and the kids get to choose what's for dinner on their birthday.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:00 pm

Its rude anons like you that start the RB shit show by making stupid ass replies like this. Then after she defends herself, then the rest of aholes jump on the RB handwagon to give her shit for hijacking a post whens 9 times out of10, the anons start the shit show
Meh, I’m in the middle here. Sometimes it’s others and sometimes it’s her.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

You post anon a lot, eh? I’ve never once seen your name but you’ve made a lot of comments.
Kayelynnesmommy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:10 pm My youngest dd turns seven Friday! It got me thinking we do a birthday breakfast where they wake up to their favorite breakfast fixed with candles and such and then they pick a activity for the family to do and get their choice of dinner and dessert. Do you have any neat traditions with your kids?
Anonymous 7

Unread post

I have twin girls so the older ( by 6 whole minutes) gets her party or outing the weekend before and the younger gets here the weekends after.

Strawberry strudel muffins for breakfast on the actual day and a small family cake with a favorite homemade dinner (usually lasagna) and balloons galore.
Locked Previous topicNext topic