Birthday traditions?

Kayelynnesmommy
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

My youngest dd turns seven Friday! It got me thinking we do a birthday breakfast where they wake up to their favorite breakfast fixed with candles and such and then they pick a activity for the family to do and get their choice of dinner and dessert. Do you have any neat traditions with your kids?
“It’s not the years in your life, it’s the life in your years.” - Abraham Lincoln
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Not really. They get to pick what they want to eat for ever meal and typically what we do for their birthday since we don't have parties. That is it though.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Jessi19
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Donut for breakfast on their actual birthday. then the following weekend we do some kind of party with their friends
Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I always decorate the house for them. Tons of balloons in their rooms, I typically buy how ever many years old they are in Mylar balloons and giant number balloons. We do their birthday breakfast DH and I always take their birthday off work so we can do whatever they want that day.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Balloons on their bedroom floor, they pick what to eat, and we have a special birthday cup they get to use.
KaiandKadensMama
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I always hang a birthday banner with balloons in the living room. We have a birthday dinner with birthday cake at night. Whatever Saturday is nearest to their birthday is always the big family party day.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Due to when my kids birthday falls we often don't do anything on the actual day. Because the actual day is sometimes during recital time or on a school day or on Mother's day etc. But we do something special at some point.

I actually bought a balloon drop release thing to do for them this year if I can get that to work lol

The thing where you stand under it and pull a release and balloons are supposed to rain down. If I can figure out how to do that-we are going to do that
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My daughter seems to think a big party is tradition.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:28 pm Due to when my kids birthday falls we often don't do anything on the actual day. Because the actual day is sometimes during recital time or on a school day or on Mother's day etc. But we do something special at some point.

I actually bought a balloon drop release thing to do for them this year if I can get that to work lol

The thing where you stand under it and pull a release and balloons are supposed to rain down. If I can figure out how to do that-we are going to do that
Prioritizing another holiday over a birthday? So it's only wrong to do when it's YOUR birthday?
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:53 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:28 pm Due to when my kids birthday falls we often don't do anything on the actual day. Because the actual day is sometimes during recital time or on a school day or on Mother's day etc. But we do something special at some point.

Prioritizing another holiday over a birthday? So it's only wrong to do when it's YOUR birthday?
Considering I do the super expensive PInterest birthday parties that run almost $1000-they never complain. This year they got to take all their friends to Dollywood for their birthday. We already did it .
Locked Previous topicNext topic