school dress code... for parents

mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

James Madison High School will turn away parents if they show up at the school wearing bonnets, pajamas, hair rollers or leggings, among other clothing items, according to a memo signed by the school’s new principal.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/h ... 786830.php

hair rollers, pajamas, fine, ok. but bonnets? leggings? for reals?

if i show up to pick up my kid, i don't care if i'm in a negligee, you're handing over my kid

what say you?
Foreverme123
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I guess I'm just old fashioned because I'm still blown away by the fact that some people actually leave the house in pajamas. It never even entered my mind growing up and I honestly don't ever recall seeing that sort of thing until maybe 10-15 years ago. I know anything goes now, though.

I think the rule about leggings is taking it too far.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Our schools have dress codes for parents too. It might seem ridiculous but it really serves a purpose, especially at the elementary school age. You don't want your kid to be known as "THAT kid" whose mom always comes through the pick up line in short shorts and a bikini top, or wearing mini skirts and fishnet stockings, or the kid whose dad's underwear is showing all the time. Kids are brutal and will tease and bully each other for the slightest thing which impacts their overall performance in school. Even with anti-bullying policies schools can only do so much. One way of that is to implement tools to help prevent bullying in the first place. If that means telling parents to dress like functioning F***ing adults when on school grounds then that's what they will do. Honestly I think parents should set better standards for their kids in the first place.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Wow! That's pretty dramatic. As long as you're clean, presentable, and conducting yourself in a decent manner when you're on school grounds I don't think this is right. Then again, we don't know if people are strolling around in bathing suits and being loud or what at this school.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 1

Unread post

There's a lawsuit waiting to happen.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

This was my response to this topic in the other group...

The few ruin it for the many. When my middle child was in elementary school, there were many women who would show up during assemblies, lunch with the kids, pick ups and be very inappropriately dressed. I don't care about pj's, leggings, etc. - for me, it's the wearing revealing or inappropriate clothing.

And by inappropriate I mean shirts with curse words or hand gestures that kinder kids don't need to learn just yet.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I think that is a positive thing. Somehow we got away from appropriate attire in public and it is setting a horrible example and precedent for our future leaders and work force employees.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I can see it now:

School Secretary (calls the home of sick student): "Mrs. White, come pick up Suzie. She's sick."

Mrs. White: "Sure, I'll be right there."

.............15 minutes later... Mrs. White arrives at school and buzzes the front door:

Mrs. White: "I'm here to pick up Suzie from the nurse's office."

School Secretary: "Sorry, Mrs. White. You have curlers in your hair. Come back when you are properly dressed."

Mrs. White: "Thank you. I have a few errands to run. I'll be back by 3:30."
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

If you show up to pick up your kid in a negligee, you might be invited to go back to the car...they'll bring him out to you.

This policy is a cute idea, but completely unenforceable...some folks can't accept a rule, no matter how reasonable. They'll spend every day thinking up ever increasing ways to dress even more inappropriately.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think it is a stupid policy. I have a friend who is a personal trainer and goes to peoples homes to train them. Her work attire is leggings, with a t-shirt, and her hair in a pony tail. If you called her and told her that she needed to pick up her son because he was sick, is she to go home and change into something else?
Locked Previous topicNext topic