school dress code... for parents

Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My sympathies are only with the school that felt the need to implement this after dealing with poorly dressed parents. I think they will have problems with enforcement too, some in legitimate ways, but it's a tough position to be in.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:23 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:30 am
Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:17 pm Our schools have dress codes for parents too. It might seem ridiculous but it really serves a purpose, especially at the elementary school age. You don't want your kid to be known as "THAT kid" whose mom always comes through the pick up line in short shorts and a bikini top, or wearing mini skirts and fishnet stockings, or the kid whose dad's underwear is showing all the time. Kids are brutal and will tease and bully each other for the slightest thing which impacts their overall performance in school. Even with anti-bullying policies schools can only do so much. One way of that is to implement tools to help prevent bullying in the first place. If that means telling parents to dress like functioning F***ing adults when on school grounds then that's what they will do. Honestly I think parents should set better standards for their kids in the first place.
If on school grounds sure - but not when a parent is JUST in the pick up car line.
Parents should lead by example for their kids. So yeah, dress your ass before getting in the car. I don't understand why it's so difficult to throw some clothes on in the morning.
My kids know the difference between my getting out of the car clothes & staying in the car clothes.
I don’t get dressed without a shower.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:30 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:30 am

If on school grounds sure - but not when a parent is JUST in the pick up car line.
Parents should lead by example for their kids. So yeah, dress your ass before getting in the car. I don't understand why it's so difficult to throw some clothes on in the morning.
My kids know the difference between my getting out of the car clothes & staying in the car clothes.
So wake up earlier and shower. I don't understand how a grown ass parent can't get themselves ready in the morning along with their kids, who should be old enough to dress themselves before school.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:33 am

So wake up earlier and shower. I don't understand how a grown ass parent can't get themselves ready in the morning along with their kids, who should be old enough to dress themselves before school.

Why? I don’t have to be ready. I am up at 5:30 am. If I had to actually be up and ready, then I would. I’m dressed and ready by pick up.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:39 am

Why? I don’t have to be ready. I am up at 5:30 am. If I had to actually be up and ready, then I would. I’m dressed and ready by pick up.
I could never fathom being so utterly lazy and trying to justify it. I get up when my kids get up, I get ready when they get ready.
RedBottoms

Unread post

I just picked up my son from school early because the nurse called saying he had a bad ear ache. I went in a t shirt and yoga pants from yesterday. I had showered but my hair is still not dry. Then I went to Walmart since I was already out.

Shame away lol
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:43 am

I could never fathom being so utterly lazy and trying to justify it. I get up when my kids get up, I get ready when they get ready.
Lol. It’s what I’ve done for years. I’m up when my kids get up because I’ve been working for an hour before I wake them up.
I telework, so I take my shower in the afternoon. We Are all on different schedules, sure if it seems lazy to you it makes sense to me & a lot of my coworkers. It’s a running joke on why we never want to video chat.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So a person who is going to be staying home all day and cleaning their house is to change into good clothing (instead of track pants, leggings, or even PJ pants) to clean their house? When I am cleaning my house I am usually in a old pair of leggings, a old t-shirt and my hair is thrown back into either a pony tail or a messy bun.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:45 am I just picked up my son from school early because the nurse called saying he had a bad ear ache. I went in a t shirt and yoga pants from yesterday. I had showered but my hair is still not dry. Then I went to Walmart since I was already out.

Shame away lol
Oh my gosh, did you not know that going to Wal-Mart now requires formal attire. How can you show your face around your city now. :lol:
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:09 pm

So a person who is going to be staying home all day and cleaning their house is to change into good clothing (instead of track pants, leggings, or even PJ pants) to clean their house? When I am cleaning my house I am usually in a old pair of leggings, a old t-shirt and my hair is thrown back into either a pony tail or a messy bun.
I don’t get it. I’m sitting alone at my desk all day. Why get up and get in the kids’ way because I want to get dressed to sit in the car, for 7 minutes. LOL
Locked Previous topicNext topic