school dress code... for parents

mommeruchy
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

My daughters school has a dress code for parents as well and everyone abides by it. But it’s also a religious school so parents dress a certain way anyhow. The ones who don’t want to follow the rules (which isn’t really that bad considering I’ve had my daughter in a school with a crazy rule book) either take their daughters out or their daughters are kicked out.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:17 pm Our schools have dress codes for parents too. It might seem ridiculous but it really serves a purpose, especially at the elementary school age. You don't want your kid to be known as "THAT kid" whose mom always comes through the pick up line in short shorts and a bikini top, or wearing mini skirts and fishnet stockings, or the kid whose dad's underwear is showing all the time. Kids are brutal and will tease and bully each other for the slightest thing which impacts their overall performance in school. Even with anti-bullying policies schools can only do so much. One way of that is to implement tools to help prevent bullying in the first place. If that means telling parents to dress like functioning F***ing adults when on school grounds then that's what they will do. Honestly I think parents should set better standards for their kids in the first place.
If on school grounds sure - but not when a parent is JUST in the pick up car line.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would probably be a smart ass and show up in formal clothes or a ren fair outfit. Probably not because my son would freak out. For his sake I would comply but I don't really like being told what to do.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

E5577152-44AC-46D0-9043-9B08DE4025A6.jpeg
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Not sure why it’s sideways, but that’s the parent in question. She’s a mess.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I volunteer at a school and I am often shocked at how some parents dress(usually women). If you are getting out of your car you should dress appropriately.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:58 am I volunteer at a school and I am often shocked at how some parents dress(usually women). If you are getting out of your car you should dress appropriately.
But what is appropriate for me, might not be for you
Anonymous 7

Unread post

So, if i wear my Ma Ingalls dress with a bonnet, i'll be denied my child? LOLOLOLOLOL
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Which is why banning certain items of clothing makes sense for all.
Anonymous 6 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:16 am
Inmybizz wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:58 am I volunteer at a school and I am often shocked at how some parents dress(usually women). If you are getting out of your car you should dress appropriately.
But what is appropriate for me, might not be for you
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:30 am
Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:17 pm Our schools have dress codes for parents too. It might seem ridiculous but it really serves a purpose, especially at the elementary school age. You don't want your kid to be known as "THAT kid" whose mom always comes through the pick up line in short shorts and a bikini top, or wearing mini skirts and fishnet stockings, or the kid whose dad's underwear is showing all the time. Kids are brutal and will tease and bully each other for the slightest thing which impacts their overall performance in school. Even with anti-bullying policies schools can only do so much. One way of that is to implement tools to help prevent bullying in the first place. If that means telling parents to dress like functioning F***ing adults when on school grounds then that's what they will do. Honestly I think parents should set better standards for their kids in the first place.
If on school grounds sure - but not when a parent is JUST in the pick up car line.
Parents should lead by example for their kids. So yeah, dress your ass before getting in the car. I don't understand why it's so difficult to throw some clothes on in the morning.
Locked Previous topicNext topic