school dress code... for parents

highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:12 pm
highlandmum wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:09 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:43 am

I could never fathom being so utterly lazy and trying to justify it. I get up when my kids get up, I get ready when they get ready.
So a person who is going to be staying home all day and cleaning their house is to change into good clothing (instead of track pants, leggings, or even PJ pants) to clean their house? When I am cleaning my house I am usually in a old pair of leggings, a old t-shirt and my hair is thrown back into either a pony tail or a messy bun.
I don’t get it. I’m sitting alone at my desk all day. Why get up and get in the kids’ way because I want to get dressed to sit in the car, for 7 minutes. LOL
I do not even take my children to school. We are a five minute walk away from the school and he is 13. Why the crap am I going to get changed if I am not even leaving the house?
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:39 am

Why? I don’t have to be ready. I am up at 5:30 am. If I had to actually be up and ready, then I would. I’m dressed and ready by pick up.
I could never fathom being so utterly lazy and trying to justify it. I get up when my kids get up, I get ready when they get ready.
So a person who is going to be staying home all day and cleaning their house is to change into good clothing (instead of track pants, leggings, or even PJ pants) to clean their house? When I am cleaning my house I am usually in a old pair of leggings, a old t-shirt and my hair is thrown back into either a pony tail or a messy bun.
It takes a second to put on a pair of jeans. A second to change out of them. Stop being intentionally obtuse and facetious to try to make a point, it just shows you to lack intelligence.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:14 pm
Bubbs wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:12 pm
I don’t get it. I’m sitting alone at my desk all day. Why get up and get in the kids’ way because I want to get dressed to sit in the car, for 7 minutes. LOL
I do not even take my children to school. We are a five minute walk away from the school and he is 13. Why the crap am I going to get changed if I am not even leaving the house?
Clearly if you are not leaving your house the school's dress code for parents wouldn't apply to you.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:14 pm

It takes a second to put on a pair of jeans. A second to change out of them. Stop being intentionally obtuse and facetious to try to make a point, it just shows you to lack intelligence.
And you need to learn what the word "facetious" means, because it is the wrong word to use in this situation. I honestly do not think this is a issue that needs to be taken seriously.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:28 pm
And you need to learn what the word "facetious" means, because it is the wrong word to use in this situation. I honestly do not think this is a issue that needs to be taken seriously.
It means flippant. You are being flippant, are you not, considering that you stay at home all day and don't leave your house?
RedBottoms

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:11 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:45 am I just picked up my son from school early because the nurse called saying he had a bad ear ache. I went in a t shirt and yoga pants from yesterday. I had showered but my hair is still not dry. Then I went to Walmart since I was already out.

Shame away lol
Oh my gosh, did you not know that going to Wal-Mart now requires formal attire. How can you show your face around your city now. :lol:
OMG if you saw the people at our walmart-well I was practically black tie in comparison
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:32 pm
It means flippant. You are being flippant, are you not, considering that you stay at home all day and don't leave your house?
I actually work so I do not stay home all day. Heck I have been out in PJ's once that I can remember and that was to drop off a hockey helmet and I never left the car, and I was mortified to be out in them. I do not leave my house without makeup and hair done so I am probably more along the lines of how you leave the house.

Also I am not being disrespectful, I have never called you a name, like you are trying to do to me. So you are the one who is actually being disrespectful towards me, you are trying to use words that you do not think I will understand to no avail.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Sorry-it's tacky and stupid to show up to get your kids wearing pajamas, for God's sake! Act like an adult and wear your damned clothes when you leave the house unless it's a true emergency.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:51 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:32 pm

I actually work so I do not stay home all day. Heck I have been out in PJ's once that I can remember and that was to drop off a hockey helmet and I never left the car, and I was mortified to be out in them. I do not leave my house without makeup and hair done so I am probably more along the lines of how you leave the house.

Also I am not being disrespectful, I have never called you a name, like you are trying to do to me. So you are the one who is actually being disrespectful towards me, you are trying to use words that you do not think I will understand to no avail.
Clearly "intentionally obtuse" is your default when you've been backed into a corner.
Deleted User 114

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:21 pmI think that is a positive thing. Somehow we got away from appropriate attire in public and it is setting a horrible example and precedent for our future leaders and work force employees.
Locked Previous topicNext topic