Do you believe that for SOME prol-lifers, there's more to it than protecting "babies"?

Anonymous 7

Unread post

Say the best birth control has a success rate of 99%. That’s still, what, over half a million women facing unwanted pregnancy?
Countrygirl wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:45 pm
hotspice58 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:42 pm What about those that are raped or molested?? and what about those where the birth control failed?
    Countrygirl wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:59 pm Here is a solution to everything. Don't have unprotected S*x and then their won't be a baby to worry about! There I solved everything!
    Can you tell me how many people can truthfully say their birth control failed? Truthfully. Most people will say their birth control failed when it reality they missed a pill or making a excuse.

Also there is plan B which can be taken if you are raped or molested.
    LiveWhatULove
    Donated
    Donated
    Princess
    Princess

Unread post

I understand their cause. I don’t agree with their methods.

majority of people, even those who have faced challenges and disparity in their childhood, are glad they are experiencing life, or in other words, they are glad they were not terminated prior to birth. The protesters, want every embryo to have the same natural opportunity. And for example, your suggestion of fixing foster care does not address their concern. It is a different issue.
    Anonymous 8

Unread post

They act the way they do, because, they are pro birth, not pro life. All they care about is seeing that baby born, they are certainly not going to provide the mother with any assistance for the next 18 years. They could care less than the child is unloved and unwanted, just as long as it's born.
    Anonymous 9

Unread post

:mrgreen:
    Attachments
    when-you-see-a-post-you-wouldnt-touch-with-a-10-foot-pole.jpg
    MonarchMom
    Princess Royal
    Princess Royal

Unread post

hotspice58 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:42 pm What about those that are raped or molested?? and what about those where the birth control failed?
      Countrygirl wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:59 pm Here is a solution to everything. Don't have unprotected S*x and then their won't be a baby to worry about! There I solved everything!
      Can you tell me how many people can truthfully say their birth control failed? Truthfully. Most people will say their birth control failed when it reality they missed a pill or making a excuse.

Most "pro life" organizations are also opposed to Plan B (and hormonal birth control) which they describe as an "abortifacient."
      Momto2boys973
      Princess
      Princess

Unread post

Well, I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree.
      I always see how pro-lifers are accused of not seeing the bigger picture but I think that also applies to women overwhelmed by an unplanned pregnancy. They see the immediate consequences, they don’t consider the long run. They only see how having a BABY will be a challenge. They don’t realize there’s a whole lot more out there beyond the initial newborn/baby period that they may see as positive if they can just see beyond that point.
      Foreverme123 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:43 pm
      Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:25 pm That’s completely untrue. I’m pro-life and have S*x and, spread my legs quite a bit. I don’t resent those who do the same in the slightest.
      I do believe in responsibility, though. Even when the consequences are lifelong. In this day and age there are countless ways to have S*x responsibly. I also believe that every potential life that’s not a threat to an existing life, has a right to come to fruition. That means that unless the mother’s life is put at risk by that pregnancy, that life in formation deserves a chance to develop.
      And why do they help with baby stuff? For the same reason we have baby showers and not 12 year old showers. The newborn/baby period is a time where a lot of new stuff is needed constantly. And for a new mother, especially one who didn’t have a baby in mind, it can be quite overwhelming. By the time the kid is 12, you’ve had 11 years behind you to adjust to motherhood.
      Foreverme123 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:03 pm I believe that their real problem is resentment. They feel that an abortion is a woman getting out of taking responsibility for having the nerve to have S*x, spread her legs, etc.

Like you were saying, they entice women with baby and toddler supplies, but where are they when the kid is 12 and the woman they talked into continuing her pregnancy still doesn't have her act together? Well, they're still standing outside of clinics with posters because getting pregnancies to continue is all they want. If that takes a few bags of clothes and a stroller to show that it'll all be okay, that's what they'll provide. Thing is, that stage is very short and you'll soon have a kid who's not a baby/toddler anymore. There's way more to it than that but by then, the job of the protesters is long over for that child.
      Please. The reason for these crisis pregnancy centers and protesters giving out baby items isn't even close to the same context as a baby shower involving friends, balloons, cake, silly games and gift registries. The purpose of these busybodies and their baby supplies is to convince an otherwise anxious pregnant woman who's trying to have a legal medical procedure because she can't afford a baby that she can go ahead and have her baby because they've got baby stuff covered for them. But again, where is everyone when the baby isn't a baby anymore? Outside of clinics because the fetus is their only concern.

Worship the fetus. Then punk them later down the road because now they're just another poor kid who's actually born and past their level of concern when there are more fetuses to save in the parking lot of a clinic.
      ❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
      Momto2boys973
      Princess
      Princess

Unread post

That’s not a solution, that’s a lecture.
      ❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
      Momto2boys973
      Princess
      Princess

Unread post

I agree with this. I’m adopted, I cannot be more thankful that my birth mother chose not to kill me. Now, this was Texas, 1973, so I’m not sure how much of her choice that was, but either way. If it was the government’s choice, I thank them for my life. Chances are, if I was conceived today, I wouldn’t be born.
      LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:11 pm I understand their cause. I don’t agree with their methods.

majority of people, even those who have faced challenges and disparity in their childhood, are glad they are experiencing life, or in other words, they are glad they were not terminated prior to birth. The protesters, want every embryo to have the same natural opportunity. And for example, your suggestion of fixing foster care does not address their concern. It is a different issue.
      ❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
      Momto2boys973
      Princess
      Princess

Unread post

You can use multiple birth controls if you REALLY don’t want to get pregnant. You can go on hormonal birth control, use a diaphragm and a condom and then take Plan B every time you have S*x.
      No chance of getting pregnant like that.
      I would give you the rape thing, but even then, you can be on hormonal birth control with a 99% success rate and the chances of getting pregnant are already pretty slim.
      I’ve been on the pill for the 23 years of my marriage. I never had a pregnancy scare until this last month and it only happened because I forgot 2 back-to-back pills. And even then, I’m not pregnant. So the “BC failure” excuse is pretty dumb.
      Anonymous 7 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:17 pm Say the best birth control has a success rate of 99%. That’s still, what, over half a million women facing unwanted pregnancy?

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
        Smarties
        Princess Royal
        Princess Royal

Unread post

All the pro life people I know are extremely charitable and some have adopted children. I seriously hate these posts. It's really twisted thinking to say hateful things about people doing charity work for a crisis pregnancy center. No, they dont help you feed your 12 year old. So what? That's not their purpose. By the time the child is 12 you should hopefully have being a parent figured out, and if not there are other charities and aid you can get. And many of those same people at the crisis pregnancy center are also giving their time to the food bank.
        Locked Previous topicNext topic