Please teach your children

highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:13 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:52 pm
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:41 pm

I dunno. I'm an educator. I educate kids. I didn't think it was so unusual.
It's gun culture. You assume everyone is going to own a gun. That's not the case. And playing with a nerf gun does not automatically mean "future NRA member/gun owner".

And yes, we own guns, so don't go there with the "responsible gun owners will get it" nonsense.
Y'know...I saw a photo of a bunch of kids on the FB posing with their fingers on the triggers of their paintball guns and water guns. And it made me wonder exactly how "responsible" their gun-owning parents really are.

And while it was the responsible gun ownership thing that motivated me to make this post, I also will stop and teach a child who is overwatering his plant, holding his crayon in his fist, or carrying his football in a sloppy grip that's likely to result in a fumble.

Do y'all just ignore kids when they play?
We let our children play. If my children are dancing and having fun, I am not going to correct her technique, if my son is out playing road hockey my husband is not going to correct his hold on his stick. Reason is they are playing and having fun. No need to correct. If however we are practising with them - then that is the time to correct technique, the proper hand position on the stick and such.
So in regards to the NERF wars - if they are running around and playing with their friends and you stop them and say picture time, then yes they are going to be posing and some of them will have their finger on the trigger. But now you are teaching them gun safety and say you are using the NERF gun as a tool, then is the time to correct them if they have their finger on the trigger.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:54 am
Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:32 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:35 pm

So because I think she is dramatic and ridiculous I am not a responsible gun owner? What a stupid thing to say
No, you're not a responsible gun owner because you don't see the importance of teaching your kids gun safety (finger off trigger until ready to shoot) even when the gun is fake or a toy.
Toy guns are not the same as real guns. Only a complete dipshit wouldnt be able to understand the difference

Your opinion doesnt make me an irresponsible gun owner.
Like I said, it's one of those things that responsible gun owners will understand. Those that don't, shouldn't have guns.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:21 am
Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:32 pm

No, you're not a responsible gun owner because you don't see the importance of teaching your kids gun safety (finger off trigger until ready to shoot) even when the gun is fake or a toy.
Toy guns are not the same as real guns. Only a complete dipshit wouldnt be able to understand the difference

Like I said, it's one of those things that responsible gun owners will understand. Those that don't, shouldn't have guns.
Your dumbass opinion doesn't make me an irresponsible gun owner

I bet I am far more responsible than anyone here. Gun laws where I live require responsibility to even own a gun
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:50 am

I bet I am far more responsible than anyone here. Gun laws where I live require responsibility to even own a gun

She's deliberately trying to rile people up. Don't fall for it.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:55 am

She's deliberately trying to rile people up. Don't fall for it.
I'm not riled up lol

She's a known idiot on here
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Like I said, it's one of those things that responsible gun owners will understand. Those that don't, shouldn't have guns. Seeing as how indignant you are getting over it, I'm willing to stand by my "opinion".
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:19 am

Like I said, it's one of those things that responsible gun owners will understand. Those that don't, shouldn't have guns. Seeing as how indignant you are getting over it, I'm willing to stand by my "opinion".
You know it's funny you keep saying that but I can't find one article or study to backup your claim. With all of the information on gun safety out there you would think that if this was really a thing I could find something on it.
The person I know who trains police officers on gun safety laughed and said if you cant tell the difference between a real gun and a nerf gun you shouldn't own guns. This seriously is not a thing. Btw he has taught both of my children gun safety. We have taught them from when they were tiny but I'm all for having more information and education.
Deleted User 114

Unread post

LOL
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:30 am
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:13 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:52 pm

It's gun culture. You assume everyone is going to own a gun. That's not the case. And playing with a nerf gun does not automatically mean "future NRA member/gun owner".

And yes, we own guns, so don't go there with the "responsible gun owners will get it" nonsense.
Y'know...I saw a photo of a bunch of kids on the FB posing with their fingers on the triggers of their paintball guns and water guns. And it made me wonder exactly how "responsible" their gun-owning parents really are.

And while it was the responsible gun ownership thing that motivated me to make this post, I also will stop and teach a child who is overwatering his plant, holding his crayon in his fist, or carrying his football in a sloppy grip that's likely to result in a fumble.

Do y'all just ignore kids when they play?
We let our children play. If my children are dancing and having fun, I am not going to correct her technique, if my son is out playing road hockey my husband is not going to correct his hold on his stick. Reason is they are playing and having fun. No need to correct. If however we are practising with them - then that is the time to correct technique, the proper hand position on the stick and such.
So in regards to the NERF wars - if they are running around and playing with their friends and you stop them and say picture time, then yes they are going to be posing and some of them will have their finger on the trigger. But now you are teaching them gun safety and say you are using the NERF gun as a tool, then is the time to correct them if they have their finger on the trigger.
So you're walking past a group of kids using a toy philipshead screwdriver to fix a toybox...a toybox which is held together with flathead screws. You're not going to stop and offer a toy flathead screwdriver?
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I do not correct my children’s play with their play guns. However, I guarantee they know exactly how to behave with a real one. Without question, because my husband does not play when it comes to gun safety.
Locked Previous topicNext topic