Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:45 pm
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:19 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:05 pm

Less than a third of Amercans own guns.
Cool. And only about 10% go fishing. But if I'm with a kid whose pretending to catch a fish, I'd tell him to be careful not to stab himself with the hook.

Even if they're not using a real hook?
Yes.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:04 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:45 pm
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:19 pm

Cool. And only about 10% go fishing. But if I'm with a kid whose pretending to catch a fish, I'd tell him to be careful not to stab himself with the hook.

Even if they're not using a real hook?
Yes.

That's sad.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:13 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:52 pm
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:41 pm

I dunno. I'm an educator. I educate kids. I didn't think it was so unusual.
It's gun culture. You assume everyone is going to own a gun. That's not the case. And playing with a nerf gun does not automatically mean "future NRA member/gun owner".

And yes, we own guns, so don't go there with the "responsible gun owners will get it" nonsense.
Y'know...I saw a photo of a bunch of kids on the FB posing with their fingers on the triggers of their paintball guns and water guns. And it made me wonder exactly how "responsible" their gun-owning parents really are.

And while it was the responsible gun ownership thing that motivated me to make this post, I also will stop and teach a child who is overwatering his plant, holding his crayon in his fist, or carrying his football in a sloppy grip that's likely to result in a fumble.

Do y'all just ignore kids when they play?
I play with my kids and not correct every thing. When they were younger, I let them color the way it was comfortable until it evolved into the right grip (except my left handed son, I don't get how he writes, but it works for him) Then with the football hold, I don't know either, so I assumed since he plays football, he has figured it out by now. When my daughter and I are dancing around the house pretending to ballroom dance, I don't correct her form, because it is all in good fun. Play and fun is when it is good to be silly and make mistakes, not have everything pointed out, that sucks the fun right out of it.

And maybe they aren't gun owners and don't know and never thought of it, I don't know anything about guns, I might decide to learn, or not. I hope my kids if they decide, take classes and get educated, by people who have that knowledge. Just like anything else they learn that I do not know.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:13 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:52 pm
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:41 pm

I dunno. I'm an educator. I educate kids. I didn't think it was so unusual.
It's gun culture. You assume everyone is going to own a gun. That's not the case. And playing with a nerf gun does not automatically mean "future NRA member/gun owner".

And yes, we own guns, so don't go there with the "responsible gun owners will get it" nonsense.
Y'know...I saw a photo of a bunch of kids on the FB posing with their fingers on the triggers of their paintball guns and water guns. And it made me wonder exactly how "responsible" their gun-owning parents really are.

And while it was the responsible gun ownership thing that motivated me to make this post, I also will stop and teach a child who is overwatering his plant, holding his crayon in his fist, or carrying his football in a sloppy grip that's likely to result in a fumble.

Do y'all just ignore kids when they play?
No but I really don't worry how a three year old holds a crayon or a football. I let him hold both as he saw fit and In time he learned to hold both properly. Now if I'm an instructor or coach that's different but I'm not and so it doesn't occur to me to correct some things. Besides you don't know my youngest. He learns better from others than from me.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:05 am
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:43 am
Iffrinn wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:22 am That time would be better spent teaching my kids that there is no reason to give a crap if someone has their finger on the trigger of a nerd/water/paintball gun. Especially when it's just a picture.
Children learn through play. If you take firearms safety seriously at playtimes then they are much more likely to internalize it's importance.
So should we also be teaching our children to NOT carry their baby dolls around by the head or by the feet because you would never carry a real baby that way? When my sister was little she had a favorite stuffed cat. Absolutely loved that thing, but always carried it by the tail. Doesn't mean she grew up to learn to carry real cats by the tail.

Kids do all sorts of "wrong" things in play. Doesn't mean they will do it for real when it comes time.
I had a stuffed Pink Panther as a kid. I used to carry him around by the neck. So he ended up with a touch of limp/floppy neck. LOL.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I could just picture this! LMAO
MistressMonster wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:21 am
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:05 am
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:43 am

Children learn through play. If you take firearms safety seriously at playtimes then they are much more likely to internalize it's importance.
So should we also be teaching our children to NOT carry their baby dolls around by the head or by the feet because you would never carry a real baby that way? When my sister was little she had a favorite stuffed cat. Absolutely loved that thing, but always carried it by the tail. Doesn't mean she grew up to learn to carry real cats by the tail.

Kids do all sorts of "wrong" things in play. Doesn't mean they will do it for real when it comes time.
I had a stuffed Pink Panther as a kid. I used to carry him around by the neck. So he ended up with a touch of limp/floppy neck. LOL.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:10 am
QuantumNursing wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:01 am So.who.won the nerf war and which of your eyes are black
Does anyone ever really win a Nerf war?

No...it's just 2 families I know had their kids on the FB today holding toy guns or paintball guns. And of the 6 kids, 4 were resting fingers on the triggers. It gave me a little touch of the tightface.
I’m guessing I could read all of the replies to understand the problem, but it’s late, and I’m about to crash. What’s wrong with them having their fingers on the trigger?
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Anonymous 2

Unread post

bluebunnybabe wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:35 am
QuantumNursing wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:01 am So.who.won the nerf war and which of your eyes are black

No...it's just 2 families I know had their kids on the FB today holding toy guns or paintball guns. And of the 6 kids, 4 were resting fingers on the triggers. It gave me a little touch of the tightface.
I’m guessing I could read all of the replies to understand the problem, but it’s late, and I’m about to crash. What’s wrong with them having their fingers on the trigger?
Some people are not intelligent enough to understand that you can play with toy guns without transferring "bad habits" to real guns.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:32 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:35 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:28 pm Responsible gun owners will "Get" this. Those who don't well. They likely see no issue with their kids playing with toy guns but freak out when they find out their kids teacher/coach/troop leader, etc has their concealed weapons permit.
So because I think she is dramatic and ridiculous I am not a responsible gun owner? What a stupid thing to say
No, you're not a responsible gun owner because you don't see the importance of teaching your kids gun safety (finger off trigger until ready to shoot) even when the gun is fake or a toy.
Toy guns are not the same as real guns. Only a complete dipshit wouldnt be able to understand the difference

Your opinion doesnt make me an irresponsible gun owner.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:52 am
bluebunnybabe wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:35 am

Some people are not intelligent enough to understand that you can play with toy guns without transferring "bad habits" to real guns.
Yeah, I decided to stay up for a few and read it. Lol. Hopefully op won’t answer me. I so can’t be bothered with this silliness.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Locked Previous topicNext topic