Am I trashy for having vending machines?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I was called cheap, trashy, and stingy by the mom of one of my sons friends

My house seems to be the most popular place. I think it is likely because it is big, close to school, and we have a lot of fun "toys" for the kids. I dont have a problem with it until I come home to a ton of my stuff eaten. It isnt uncommon for there to be 20 kids that are not mine here at a time

A few months ago DH's boss replaced the vending machines at his work. We asked if we could buy the old ones. They are fully functional just outdated compared to the high tech ones his work has now.

We set it up in the basement and it is set to charge $0.50- $2.00 depending on the item. My kids actually think it is pretty cool and it has cut down the amount of problems. Friends are no longer allowed in the kitchen and must bring their own snacks or buy some. Water is always available but that is about it.

Apparently this makes me the worst person ever lol. I know it is not conventional but I was sick of going through tons of money to feed kids that were not mine. I would rather everyone has options instead of flat out saying no food for anyone at all.

Figured I would see what opinions are like on here just out of curiosity

ETA: These are a bunch of teenagers we are talking about. I refill the vending machines 2-3 times a week every time they are empty. It isnt like 4 or 5 friends who come over every once in awhile.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I'm not sure I believe this. If true, it's not something I'd do.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think that's genius lol.

My friend growing up had a retro arcade game, Galaga. Her parents got sick of the kids being on it 24/7. So they made it to where each kid had to pay a quarter to play, and the way the game was set up if you ran out of lives you had to put another quarter in to play again. Cut way back on the kids being on it all the time.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Yes. If money is that tight, just don’t buy snacks everyone. Or don’t host.

It’s the same as someone charging friends and family per plate at events. If you can’t afford it, just don’t do it. Don’t charge guests money for food in your home
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

CrazyJenn
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

lol
Anonymous 1

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:24 pm Yes. If money is that tight, just don’t buy snacks everyone. Or don’t host.

It’s the same as someone charging friends and family per plate at events. If you can’t afford it, just don’t do it. Don’t charge guests money for food in your home
These are not people I have invited over for an event. Just random kids at my house usually for a little after school.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Not something I'd do.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I had a friend with a full arcade in his basement and multiple vending machines. We thought it was fun lol. Their dad did break out a change jar though if we ran out of money.
carterscutie85 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:24 pm I think that's genius lol.

My friend growing up had a retro arcade game, Galaga. Her parents got sick of the kids being on it 24/7. So they made it to where each kid had to pay a quarter to play, and the way the game was set up if you ran out of lives you had to put another quarter in to play again. Cut way back on the kids being on it all the time.
🤓The Admin 🤓
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I think it's awesome.
Locked Previous topicNext topic