Am I trashy for having vending machines?

luvthagirl
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I kinda like the idea
Rebeccaraev2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

12skipafew wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:28 pm I had a friend with a full arcade in his basement and multiple vending machines. We thought it was fun lol. Their dad did break out a change jar though if we ran out of money.
carterscutie85 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:24 pm I think that's genius lol.

My friend growing up had a retro arcade game, Galaga. Her parents got sick of the kids being on it 24/7. So they made it to where each kid had to pay a quarter to play, and the way the game was set up if you ran out of lives you had to put another quarter in to play again. Cut way back on the kids being on it all the time.
I am building one for my kids, coming along nicely. Arcade with snack machines and a projector screen. I want them to have an amazing basement to relax in as they get older.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I think you're a F***ing genius!
7byher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:36 pm
SolidlyAverage wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:31 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:27 pm

These are not people I have invited over for an event. Just random kids at my house usually for a little after school.
They are your children’s guests, which makes them your guests as well. If you don’t want someone in your house, tell them no at the door. Your lack of a backbone in saying no is not an excuse for treating them like customers instead of guests.
I am okay with the vending machines. Everyone but this one parent is happy with it. I can say no but I just dont see the need when I solved my problem
IMO it's a fair way to have everybody pay their way. Its just a few bucks and it pays you back for all the $ you put out to buy them the drinks and snacks.
As a parent I slip the "hang out" houses owners cash weekly to help out.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don’t think trashy is the correct description. Maybe tacky.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pics or it didn't happen! 🤣
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I'm leaning towards this, too. :twisted:
cellomom26 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:30 pm Pics or it didn't happen! 🤣
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My husband got the old drink vending machine from his work for free because it was broken. He and his dad fixed it and filled it with beer and soda. It's not set to take money but it's pretty awesome for big parties.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Now THAT'S cool!
bmw29 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:23 pm My husband got the old drink vending machine from his work for free because it was broken. He and his dad fixed it and filled it with beer and soda. It's not set to take money but it's pretty awesome for big parties.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'd never allow all those kids in my house, but if you don't have a problem with it, sounds like a good plan.
Locked Previous topicNext topic