I am probably going to get fired from my job because they cancelled school in the middle of the night

Blue_Prelude
Countess
Countess

Unread post

That sucks. Hopefully they will be somewhat understanding given the situation.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Make sure you show your boss the email they sent you, saying the schools were closed
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Sassy762 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:52 pm Make sure you show your boss the email they sent you, saying the schools were closed
Presumably he knows.. we're in Florida and my co-worker just said schools were closed in Denver it was on the internet.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:01 pm
Pjmm wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:46 am How old are the kids? It's not the best situation but mine could be left at home alone from eight on up. I would go home at lunch to make sure he was all right. This was if he was sick. And usually if school was cancelled the after school programs he was in would take up the slack for me. In dire straits I had a retired friend I could ask but fortunately I never had to.
WOW, no way would I leave an 8 or even 10yr old 8+ hrs alone.
Sometimes you have no choice. I am an only child of a single working father. My childhood ended when I was 10 years old. We moved out of his parent's place and into a house of our own, and I became a latchkey kid. If I was too sick to go to school, I was home alone all day. I'd get home from school at 2:00pm, and he'd be home from work at 6:00pm. As I got older, that time got later.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:17 pm
Pjmm wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:46 am How old are the kids? It's not the best situation but mine could be left at home alone from eight on up. I would go home at lunch to make sure he was all right. This was if he was sick. And usually if school was cancelled the after school programs he was in would take up the slack for me. In dire straits I had a retired friend I could ask but fortunately I never had to.
Sometimes you have no choice. I am an only child of a single working father. My childhood ended when I was 10 years old. We moved out of his parent's place and into a house of our own, and I became a latchkey kid. If I was too sick to go to school, I was home alone all day. I'd get home from school at 2:00pm, and he'd be home from work at 6:00pm. As I got older, that time got later.
Both my parents commuted to another city in my teen years. It became our job, me and my brother, to cook dinner. It's just what it was.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What rotten timing. I'll send good juju your way that tomorrow goes smoothly and you don't have any retribution. Good luck! :)
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
KaiandKadensMama
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I couldn’t work for an employer who didn’t understand family obligations come up. If you get fired, it’s for the best overall. Good luck.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I am a single mom of 4 and work two jobs and I stand by what I said. I have never nor will I ever leave an 8 or even 10yr old up to 8+ hrs a day alone.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:31 pm

I am a single mom of 4 and work two jobs and I stand by what I said. I have never nor will I ever leave an 8 or even 10yr old up to 8+ hrs a day alone.
My bff had no choice she had to leave her 10 yr old in charge of his younger siblings. Either that or not work.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

So sorry. Hopefully your boss will understand the situation, and let it go. Maybe the most you will get is a write up? :(

Locked Previous topicNext topic