I am probably going to get fired from my job because they cancelled school in the middle of the night

Anonymous 5

Unread post

Any update?
Anonymous 6

Unread post

You would if it kept you from being fired.
Fullxbusymom wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:31 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:17 pm
Fullxbusymom wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:01 pm

WOW, no way would I leave an 8 or even 10yr old 8+ hrs alone.
Sometimes you have no choice. I am an only child of a single working father. My childhood ended when I was 10 years old. We moved out of his parent's place and into a house of our own, and I became a latchkey kid. If I was too sick to go to school, I was home alone all day. I'd get home from school at 2:00pm, and he'd be home from work at 6:00pm. As I got older, that time got later.
I am a single mom of 4 and work two jobs and I stand by what I said. I have never nor will I ever leave an 8 or even 10yr old up to 8+ hrs a day alone.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:30 am

Sometimes you have no choice. I am an only child of a single working father. My childhood ended when I was 10 years old. We moved out of his parent's place and into a house of our own, and I became a latchkey kid. If I was too sick to go to school, I was home alone all day. I'd get home from school at 2:00pm, and he'd be home from work at 6:00pm. As I got older, that time got later.
I am a single mom of 4 and work two jobs and I stand by what I said. I have never nor will I ever leave an 8 or even 10yr old up to 8+ hrs a day alone.
My bff had no choice she had to leave her 10 yr old in charge of his younger siblings. Either that or not work.
Okay, I am not saying what anyone else should or would do, I am solely speaking about me personally.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:13 am You would if it kept you from being fired.

No, I wouldn't. There is always another way to a problem. I have never been one to only see one option to any problem. I would take my kids to work with me before I would ever leave them alone. However, I am not saying what anyone else should do, I am speaking about myself and my kids only.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:29 am
Anonymous 6 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:13 am You would if it kept you from being fired.

No, I wouldn't. There is always another way to a problem. I have never been one to only see one option to any problem. I would take my kids to work with me before I would ever leave them alone. However, I am not saying what anyone else should do, I am speaking about myself and my kids only.
Not everyone has that option. I would be fired if i took my kids to work with me
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:31 am

Not everyone has that option. I would be fired if i took my kids to work with me
Then I would be fired again I would never leave my kids that young home alone for 8+ hrs. I can get another job I can't replace my kids if something were to happen because I chose to leave them that young alone.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:36 am

Then I would be fired again I would never leave my kids that young home alone for 8+ hrs. I can get another job I can't replace my kids if something were to happen because I chose to leave them that young alone.
My personal opinion a 10 year old should know how to use a mi microwave, lock the door, not answer the door and how to use the phone. If you teach your kids that a 10 year old should be fine.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:41 am
My personal opinion a 10 year old should know how to use a mi microwave, lock the door, not answer the door and how to use the phone. If you teach your kids that a 10 year old should be fine.
I agree for up to an hour not 8+ hrs that is simply not okay.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:42 pm

If i had to work then i would do what i had to do. And check in on them throughout the day
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:53 pm
Fullxbusymom wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:42 pm
If i had to work then i would do what i had to do. And check in on them throughout the day
Each to their own, I simply would not be okay with that.
Locked Previous topicNext topic