Wish me luck-I will need it. Have to go to PTA meeting at the yuppie school

RedBottoms

Unread post

Ladyiq wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:15 pm I remember those days. The worst part about doing volunteer hours was that awkward dealing with the moms that practically lived at the school and made me feel like an inteloper. So glad that is over.
I went to the meeting and every mom there was cool. The really snotty mom did not show up but they said she is taking over Teacher Appreciation next year.

There was one mom there that I am pretty sure hangs out there all day long. And a few that do but they are at least like PTA president and stuff so they kinda have to be there a lot.

I just can't do all that. I should get in a lot of hours. I will be coming in several times to help and I am calling around to see about getting restaurants to donate sandwiches and pizzas so I might be able to log that and turn that in for an hour.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Oh I would HATE that.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:53 pm Those are called involved parents. It has nothing to do with brown nosing.
RedBottoms wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:29 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:27 am “The other moms are full of themselves”

Pot meet kettle.
its different. They are the types that hang around the school all the time trying to brown nose and get their kid ahead. I don't feel the need to do that.
No, they can take it too far. When they have to tell you to stop volunteering because you have 50 volunteer hours and you are taking all the jobs so the parents that don't have their 18 hours yet can get them-its a problem. That actually happened with one mom I know. They told her in a nice way to stay home.

Like being there is not your job. If you want to be there that much get an actual job with the school.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:10 pm
Sassy762 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:32 am Good Luck
I would talk to her about the weather the entire time and call her my bff, lol Also smile and wink at her, every chance you get.
I would have so much fun with her ......
LMAOOOOOOOO
I would totally do this.
If she's going to hate me, I'll give her a reason too.
The little guy in your avi is adorable!
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:27 am “The other moms are full of themselves”

Pot meet kettle.
its different. They are the types that hang around the school all the time trying to brown nose and get their kid ahead. I don't feel the need to do that.
because you are too busy doing that with his dance.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:20 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:53 am
sarah824 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:49 am

We have a local charter school that requires mandatory volunteer hours for parents. Every family is required to put in 20 hours per school year. Their website states that any unfulfilled hours will be billed at $10.00 per hour at the end of the school year. Seems crazy to me!
I wish we had that option. I may just pay the $200.00 and call it a day
You forgot a zero. That would be 2000
Oh dear.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Ladyiq wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:15 pm I remember those days. The worst part about doing volunteer hours was that awkward dealing with the moms that practically lived at the school and made me feel like an inteloper. So glad that is over.
These are the ones I don't get. The moms who stay at the school all day, sign up for every activity, line up in the circle 2 hours before dismissal just staring at the school. Why not just apply for a paid position there? Makes no sense to me.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:30 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:53 pm Those are called involved parents. It has nothing to do with brown nosing.

No, they can take it too far. When they have to tell you to stop volunteering because you have 50 volunteer hours and you are taking all the jobs so the parents that don't have their 18 hours yet can get them-its a problem. That actually happened with one mom I know. They told her in a nice way to stay home.

Like being there is not your job. If you want to be there that much get an actual job with the school.
She can be a classroom volunteer for her child/ren's classes without affecting other parents volunteer time. I did with all my children.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:20 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:53 am
sarah824 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:49 am

We have a local charter school that requires mandatory volunteer hours for parents. Every family is required to put in 20 hours per school year. Their website states that any unfulfilled hours will be billed at $10.00 per hour at the end of the school year. Seems crazy to me!
I wish we had that option. I may just pay the $200.00 and call it a day
You forgot a zero. That would be 2000

What type of weird math are you using?
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would imagine that a school like that would have many different ways for you to meet your voluntarism requirements. (EX: ushering, selling tickets, baking items to be sold, etc., )

With a requirement of only 18 hours, I would think you'd be able to get them done by attending just a handful of events. No?
Locked Previous topicNext topic