Wish me luck-I will need it. Have to go to PTA meeting at the yuppie school

Anonymous 4

Unread post

Sassy762 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:16 pm There was this uptight snobby woman that would help out in DS's class like I would when he was in elementary. She looked her nose down at everyone, like she was better than everyone else . She was always bragging about how big her house was...etc etc
One day she asked if DS could come over to her house to hang out with her son.
I drove to her house, which turned out to be a small apartment in the worst area of town. Im talking about drug dealers on the corner, drunks stumbling out of the deli and plopping down on their cardboard box/house, people hanging out on their steps drinking beer, arguing and blasting music,.....lol
Im not afraid of anyone or anything but this area made me very uncomfortable.....no way in hell was I going to let ds stay here for a few hours.
We went to the apartment and it made that show about horders look childs play, smdh
I straight up told her that I was not going to let my son stay in her apartment or in this area but I could take her and her son with us to the park and to get pizza.
She let her son come with us that day for a few hours.
The next time I saw her at the school was a few weeks later, she asked me not to say anything to anyone about where she lived.......lol
I told her that I had no intention of telling anyone anything unless she turned in to snobby bragging bitch mom again, lol

U

RedBottoms wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:34 am
Sassy762 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:32 am Good Luck
I would talk to her about the weather the entire time and call her my bff, lol Also smile and wink at her, every chance you get.
I would have so much fun with her ......
LMAOOOOOOOO
bwahaha I kinda love this.
Very odd. I mean, she knew she'd be found out at that point right? If I had nerve I probably would have said something like, "Damn. Fancy houses sure aren't what they used to be!" (But never really would so as not to offend/hurt/be a bitch.) Did she volunteer a lot? Probably so she didn't have to be home...
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Those are called involved parents. It has nothing to do with brown nosing.
RedBottoms wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:29 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:27 am “The other moms are full of themselves”

Pot meet kettle.
its different. They are the types that hang around the school all the time trying to brown nose and get their kid ahead. I don't feel the need to do that.
caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Our PTO just throws up a Sign Up Genius and we can take it or leave it. The meetings are annoying.
Ladyiq
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I remember those days. The worst part about doing volunteer hours was that awkward dealing with the moms that practically lived at the school and made me feel like an inteloper. So glad that is over.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

hotspice58 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:40 pm It's not just yuppy schools. I know a couple of mom who didn't want to join because the PTA is cliquish... Who knew?!?!
RedBottoms wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:21 am I am about to go to a PTA meeting at my son's kinda snobby magnet school. I know the moms there are kinda full of themselves.

I need to get some mandatory volunteer hours and so I have to attend this meeting to sign up for something for Teacher Appreciation Week. Any hours we do in May applies to next year's 18 hours.

So I was going to get a head start on that.

But really not looking forward to PTA moms.
I know one of the moms there HATES me. She is one of the snobby dance moms I deal with regularly. She is at that school so much they have told her to "go home" before so other parents can get in their hours. lol
Boy and cub scouts can be full of politics as well. I stay out of all that. I just want my kid to have fun and go home. You need me to do something i will but otherwise this is for kids ffs. I just don't understand why adults should have to prove anything in an organization for kids. Is your life that pathetic?
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Sassy762 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:32 am Good Luck
I would talk to her about the weather the entire time and call her my bff, lol Also smile and wink at her, every chance you get.
I would have so much fun with her ......
LMAOOOOOOOO
I would totally do this.
If she's going to hate me, I'll give her a reason too.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LMAOOOOOOOOOOO, shocked the freaking shit out of me. At first I thought she was pranking me......NOPE that was her "huge house". Technically it was a huge building................LOL She did volunteer a lot, now that you mention it but I was there a lot also so I didn't think anything about it..
Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:47 pm
Sassy762 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:16 pm There was this uptight snobby woman that would help out in DS's class like I would when he was in elementary. She looked her nose down at everyone, like she was better than everyone else . She was always bragging about how big her house was...etc etc
One day she asked if DS could come over to her house to hang out with her son.
I drove to her house, which turned out to be a small apartment in the worst area of town. Im talking about drug dealers on the corner, drunks stumbling out of the deli and plopping down on their cardboard box/house, people hanging out on their steps drinking beer, arguing and blasting music,.....lol
Im not afraid of anyone or anything but this area made me very uncomfortable.....no way in hell was I going to let ds stay here for a few hours.
We went to the apartment and it made that show about horders look childs play, smdh
I straight up told her that I was not going to let my son stay in her apartment or in this area but I could take her and her son with us to the park and to get pizza.
She let her son come with us that day for a few hours.
The next time I saw her at the school was a few weeks later, she asked me not to say anything to anyone about where she lived.......lol
I told her that I had no intention of telling anyone anything unless she turned in to snobby bragging bitch mom again, lol

U

RedBottoms wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:34 am

bwahaha I kinda love this.
Very odd. I mean, she knew she'd be found out at that point right? If I had nerve I probably would have said something like, "Damn. Fancy houses sure aren't what they used to be!" (But never really would so as not to offend/hurt/be a bitch.) Did she volunteer a lot? Probably so she didn't have to be home...
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:53 am
sarah824 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:49 am
Nachobizness wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:29 am Mandatory volunteer hours? What happens if you don't do it? How old is your kid? That's wild this is even a thing.
We have a local charter school that requires mandatory volunteer hours for parents. Every family is required to put in 20 hours per school year. Their website states that any unfulfilled hours will be billed at $10.00 per hour at the end of the school year. Seems crazy to me!
I wish we had that option. I may just pay the $200.00 and call it a day
You forgot a zero. That would be 2000
Anonymous 7

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:20 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:53 am
sarah824 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:49 am

We have a local charter school that requires mandatory volunteer hours for parents. Every family is required to put in 20 hours per school year. Their website states that any unfulfilled hours will be billed at $10.00 per hour at the end of the school year. Seems crazy to me!
I wish we had that option. I may just pay the $200.00 and call it a day
You forgot a zero. That would be 2000

Ummm, how does 20 x 10 = 2000?
Anonymous 8

Unread post

You have problems with everyone in every situation, you're the least common denominator in all the situations. You are the problem.
Locked Previous topicNext topic