My dds teeth are a mess

Anonymous 1

Unread post

We took her to an orthodontist today because her dentist said she has a crossbite. I cant remember exactly everything that was said but I know the words crossbite and over jet were said. Shes also missing 4 adult teeth.
I can't believe it's this bad! She needs an expander followed by braces in a few years. They want to pull her 4 baby teeth that are missing the adult teeth behind them and shift the adult teeth she does have forward to fill the space. Shes freaking about getting teeth pulled.
Dh better work some major overtime to pay for this kids mouth.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Don't believe everything one dentist or orthodontist tells you.

Get at least a second opinion.

Best wishes.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:47 am Don't believe everything one dentist or orthodontist tells you.

Best wishes.
I plan to get a 2nd opinion. Especially since I have had 1 orthodontist tell me my son needs an expander and one say hes just fine. But they did show me on her xrays that shes missing those 4 teeth and I know her teeth are pretty crooked between thumb sucking and having a tooth pulled when she was 1.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am sorry. I understand, I was so damn overwhelmed when the guy started reading off the treatment to-do list for ODS. He has multiple tiny little “tic-tac” looking teeth which will need veneers, lol. He has baby teeth which are not falling out. Adult teeth stuck up in the gums. He has jaw bite issues. It’s a mess.

Oddly enough, his YDS’s teeth are perfect.

Crazy genetics.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Yeah, they need to sell you on all that shit,its how they make their money.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:47 am Don't believe everything one dentist or orthodontist tells you.

Best wishes.
Take this advice to heart! The dentist business is under regulated, overpriced and treatment and prices vary from office to office.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Could be worse. I’ve had worse. But I do agree. Get a second opinion. I had two teeth that didn’t have permanent teeth under them. I still have one in my mouth. The other broke and I had to get an implant a few months ago. My mom, brother and uncle all still have perfectly fine baby teeth in their mouth. I also had to get two permanent teeth cut from my gums because of over crowding.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:44 am

Best wishes.
Take this advice to heart! The dentist business is under regulated, overpriced and treatment and prices vary from office to office.
For sure. I know someone whose daughter has a lot of the same issues mine does and she paid $2800 for the expander and braces. This office quoted me $1700 for an expander (phase 1 for dd) and $6500 for 18 months of braces for ds. I just can't do that.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

See what her regular dentist says. My daughter had a retainer when she was in grade school because two of her adult teeth were not coming in because her jaw was so crowded. Her dad had a small jaw and he never did get two of his adult teeth-they just dissolved in his gum. But when the orthodontist (or rather a self described dentist who did work on children's teeth) said when two of her teeth, one up and one below it were turned around and when she stated dating she would want perfect teeth we both said no. We asked her regular dentist and he said he didn't think that was at all necessary so we didn't do it. Somehow she has grown up and done fine without it.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:38 am See what her regular dentist says. My daughter had a retainer when she was in grade school because two of her adult teeth were not coming in because her jaw was so crowded. Her dad had a small jaw and he never did get two of his adult teeth-they just dissolved in his gum. But when the orthodontist (or rather a self described dentist who did work on children's teeth) said when two of her teeth, one up and one below it were turned around and when she stated dating she would want perfect teeth we both said no. We asked her regular dentist and he said he didn't think that was at all necessary so we didn't do it. Somehow she has grown up and done fine without it.
Her regular dentist is the one who told me about the cross bite so I know that part is true. My kids have been going to him for about 10 years now and all he has had to do was fill 3 cavities (2 ds 1 dd) and pull dds tooth and I trust him.
They aren't due for another checkup until July. I might call him about the adult teeth thing though because he never mentioned it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic