RIP SUNSHINE!!!

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My youngest hen that we hatched from a egg and my kids named sunshine went missing tonight.

I went outside at dusk tonight to close the chickens coop for the night when I heard flapping. I shined the spot light on the coop and there was my rooster flapping on the ground like he was trying to get up. He wouldn't get up and his eyes were closed. I thought he was dead. A couple of minutes later he did get up but he went to the very back of the cage. He was terrified.

That's when I noticed sunshine was gone. No feathers, no blood, no signs of a fight. Just gone. My dh and I both went looking for her. No luck. My dh thinks a weasel got her. And I am not sure if my rooster will survive the night.

We are holding out hope that maybe she will show up tomorrow morning. But unlikely.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm sorry! I hope your rooster is ok.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I'm sorry raccoons wiped out our flock.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'm so not an animal person and I'm strictly a city girl so reading this kind of gave me the heebee jeebees, but I sincerely hope everything works out for you!
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'm sorry
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I’m sorry, we lost our hen a few days ago. She didn’t survive the dog attack, which we initially just looked like some lost feathers.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'm sorry. :( that's rough. I hope she comes back, and I hope your rooster is okay.

Anonymous 3

Unread post

I'm so sorry. We lost several chickens this past winter to both raccoons and hawks. It sucks.
Locked Previous topicNext topic