I really dont understand this process and I'm pissed

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I made a post last month about an ambulance tboning me pinning me in my car.Anyway lawyers began to hound me including on the scene.

I finally decided to go with this lawyer he told me to do the physical therapy sit back and they will take care of everything.So at the clinic the woman at the desk was upset I didnt file a claim with my insurance.I said im not filing a claim with my insurance because im not at fault and the police report supports that she said it doesnt matter i have to file a claim with my insurance regardless of whose at fault...

She gets in contact with my lawyer two days later i get a message from my insurance saying a claim was filed..wtf...I thought my lawyer was going to go after the ambulance's insurance company! Not MY insurance! I didnt want a claim on my record my insurance is high enough!

My brother just laughed and told me my insurance rate is going to sky rocket next year because of this claim.

No one told me my insurance was going to be involved in this.I was under the inpression that I was to do thr physical therapy/ dr appointments then once im better they would file a claim on the other party's insurance to get paid.

Im aggravated with the whole situation now and o cant even say screw it im done because ive went to too many physical therapy and chiropractor appointments I would be on the hook for the bill...Im so upset.I dont need my insurance any higher than what it is.

Fyi it wasnt a city ambulance it was a private ambulance company.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes you have to let your insurance know about the accident too. After someone rear ended me, we were on the phone with our insurance immediately. Our rates never went up, and they went after the other lady's insurance. You, on the other hand, have had many issues with driving.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Why bother with anon kookookrazy? You forgot to hit it last time and it was obvious it’s you anyways.
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

why the hell haven't you talked to your atty about this matter?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Question: Was the ambulance carrying a patient at the time?
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Good lord, of course your insurance needs to be notified. That doesn’t mean your rates will go up.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Well that was one way to get rid of the piece of shit Toyota
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

How much physical therapy did you need? I thought you said in the last post you weren’t hurt.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Of course you have to file a claim with your insurance. Do you think the doctors are going to wait until this is settled to get paid? That's not how it works.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

No matter whom is at fault you need to notify insurance.

A woman backed into my car at Wal-Mart. She didn't look and ran into ME! Tried to blame it on me until I told her to look at the security cameras then she admitted defeat especially when it was clear by the damage she backed into me.

Anyways I called the cops to document it and called my insurance the next day. Everything was claimed to her insurance. The repair and the new booster seat. My rates didn't go up. I wasn't at fault.

Fyi if you have a baby car seat or booster seat and you get into a accident her insurance has to pay for a new one.
Locked Previous topicNext topic